Sign in to follow this  
Pinoy

Zeus, if you would be so kind to help me again.

Well my xfire (mac is xblaze) dosn't work so Zeus we willl have to post here. What I am looking for is a budget that is around 500$.

AMD X2 2.2Ghz 4200+ Dual-Core Processor - $64

4GB (2x2GB) Mushkin DDR2-800 RAM - $87

Gigabyte Geforce 6100 Chipset Motherboard for AMD AM2 - $46

XFX Nvidia Geforce 8800GTS 384MB PCI-E Graphics Card - $169

Nifty case / 350Watt PSU with dual +12V rails - $30

I still need a better power supply. Is intel better? A better mobo would be better(I think this one runs the card at 8x if i'm not mistaken) and a dvd/cd drive. And don't forget the fans if needed. I am not going with vista so is 4gb of RAM really useful?

Well my xfire (mac is xblaze) dosn't work so Zeus we willl have to post here. What I am looking for is a budget that is around 500$.

I still need a better power supply. Is intel better? A better mobo would be better(I think this one runs the card at 8x if i'm not mistaken) and a dvd/cd drive. And don't forget the fans if needed. I am not going with vista so is 4gb of RAM really useful?

Intel generally is better nowadays, but hella expensive too.

The mobo runs the card at x16, but has the option of running at x8.

That cd drive at Tiger Direct that does everything is really good for the price, I wish I could've found something like it on Newegg.

Fans are cheap, it's the shipping that fucks you up. In that case, I'd say 2-4 more 80mm fans at a local computer store.

Ask Zeus about a good PSU.

4GB is the max a 32bit OS system can recognize. So if you want full supported ram, maybe, but it's up to you. 2GB is the standard right now.

I'm guessing your gonna stick with that XFX card?

Well I just want the best gear for around 500$, so which power supply should I get? I'll buy 80mm fans at my local future shop or bestbuy, they are cheap. I already have one from my old computer.

Well I just want the best gear for around 500$, so which power supply should I get? I'll buy 80mm fans at my local future shop or bestbuy, they are cheap. I already have one from my old computer.

Ask Zeus about a Power Supply.

Yeah, then just keep it the way it is then. Anything else changed would probably bring it over $500.

Then I would just recommend buying 2 new ones at the store for a total of 4.

One more thing, does newegg ships to montreal? Look what i've found: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16827101131

Mmm.. I'm not sure.

If they do though, and you get that drive, just make sure nothing else will be using the only ide/pata slot on your motherboard.

Ok my brother is giving me his extra dvd/cd drive. Zeus please tell me which power supply should I get for my system. And do they ship to Canada, Quebec, Montreal? Because I have a cousin at New York, so if they don't i'm ok.

Guest some fag

Well, first off, that AMD 4200 is going to bottleneck your video card and you don't need 4GB of RAM. I mean, that's a great price, but make it 2GB and up the processor. By the way, that's an XFX 8800GS, not a GTS- it performs the same as the old G80 based 8800GTS, but it's based on the G92.

That case is better off ignored- since you have an ATX style case, your Micro ATX motherboard won't fit. You're going to need a Micro ATX case, such as this. You are correct, that motherboard has PCI-E x16, but runs in x8 mode, so you're getting roughly half the bandwidth. I wouldn't say it's too much of an issue, but I wouldn't get that board anyway. This would be a better board:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813127036

This is a Xion Supernova power supply. It has 600Watts and the amperage you need to run all your parts properly- and the best part is that it's modular so that you can remove the cords you don't need, since you will have a tiny case.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817190012

Do you have ANY parts left over from your old computer? If you do, you should salvage the hard drive and CD drives if possible.

You can only have one IDE peripheral with all current motherboards. You'll either need a SATA hard drive and an IDE disc drive, and IDE hard drive and a SATA disc drive, or SATA for both of them. Phoenix, the disc drive you selected there is IDE. You can run that, only if your hard drive is SATA.

Guest some fag
Zeus, I thought the Rosewill case said it's motherboard compatibility was ATX as well as Micro ATX?

Really? I'll have to check that. Most ATX cases don't mount Micro ATX... Even if you could, it's just a bunch of wasted space, and that Rosewill case isn't very good to begin with.

Really? I'll have to check that. Most ATX cases don't mount Micro ATX... Even if you could, it's just a bunch of wasted space, and that Rosewill case isn't very good to begin with.

Yeah, it's stated in the Specifications tab.

It'd look a bit weird if you had a window, lol.

A buncha of wasted space, but maybe a little better airflow?

And yes, that case is being rated a lot more over on the cheap side, physically.

I also just thought of something. For the Crossfire motherboard, same one as Zan, is this case compatible? - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811156137

That's my current case, and I'm not completely sure about it.

Guest some fag
Yeah, it's stated in the Specifications tab.

It'd look a bit weird if you had a window, lol.

A buncha of wasted space, but maybe a little better airflow?

And yes, that case is being rated a lot more over on the cheap side, physically.

I also just thought of something. For the Crossfire motherboard, same one as Zan, is this case compatible? - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811156137

That's my current case, and I'm not completely sure about it.

Yeah- of course it is, its an ATX case. Now if everything you have fits in there fine as it is now, then it will work perfectly.

Yeah- of course it is, its an ATX case. Now if everything you have fits in there fine as it is now, then it will work perfectly.

Alright, perfect.

And is 600-650W or even 700W still appropriate for a CF setup? A little "pet peeve" tells me that I'll be fine with 650-700W, and that your recommended 750W is a bit too much.

That's the last question, I promise :P.

Guest some fag
Alright, perfect.

And is 600-650W or even 700W still appropriate for a CF setup? A little "pet peeve" tells me that I'll be fine with 650-700W, and that your recommended 750W is a bit too much.

That's the last question, I promise :P.

Are you talking about a power supply you already have? Wattage isn't everything- it needs the proper amount of amperes for it to run everything reliably.

Are you talking about a power supply you already have? Wattage isn't everything- it needs the proper amount of amperes for it to run everything reliably.

I'm just asking if there's anything cheaper that will still handle a CF setup.

Possibly 650-700W but also giving out the appropriate amps for everything to run reliably?

Or is 750W with the amps on the Rosewill the only way to go?

The Rosewill that's on this current build just seems a bit too much in terms of price.

EDIT: http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx...N82E16817190012 - Like this psu you showed Zan?

You guys mixed me up, Zeus just get me a good computer build for 500$ please.

-Motherboard (A good one so I can upgrade later on, 16x pci please so I can upgrade later on to a top notch video card)

-Case (A big one so I can add stuff and adaptable to the motherboard)

-Power Supply (Enough)

-Processor

-RAM

-CD/DVD drive

-Video card

The total price range can be around 550$

K here is the hard drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822144701

Guest some fag
I'm just asking if there's anything cheaper that will still handle a CF setup.

Possibly 650-700W but also giving out the appropriate amps for everything to run reliably?

Or is 750W with the amps on the Rosewill the only way to go?

The Rosewill that's on this current build just seems a bit too much in terms of price.

EDIT: http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx...N82E16817190012 - Like this psu you showed Zan?

That is the PSU I showed Phoenix- The Rosewill I showed you is a GOOD way to go. There are other choices, but you must stick to some guidelines. Take a look for yourself- look for PSUs with 3-4 rails with an amperage of AT LEAST 20 amps per rail and that will give you the power you need. The Watts aren't as important, but anywhere around 600 or higher is good.

You guys mixed me up, Zeus just get me a good computer build for 500$ please.

-Motherboard (A good one so I can upgrade later on, 16x pci please so I can upgrade later on to a top notch video card)

-Case (A big one so I can add stuff and adaptable to the motherboard)

-Power Supply (Enough)

-Processor

-RAM

-CD/DVD drive

-Video card

The total price range can be around 550$

K here is the hard drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822144701

I can't get you a computer that would be "good" in your eyes for 500 bucks. Maybe you shouldn't have destroyed your other one and you would have had something to start from.

I can't do much on a 500 dollar budget- 1000 fine, thats pushing it, but 500 just ain't going to happen unless you're just looking to upgrade a current PC.

Nevermind guys, i'm going to get a job and build a 1000$+ gear. My brother is helping me with the peices, he got superb prices. Seriously my brother got me a quad core processor and a godly motherboard, i'll give you the names, he will e-mail me everything. I will build a beast, hey Zeus what power supply should I get for a beast and which video card, i can afford up to 200$(the motherboard can accept 1 or 2 pcie not sure yet).

Guest some fag
Nevermind guys, i'm going to get a job and build a 1000$+ gear. My brother is helping me with the peices, he got superb prices. Seriously my brother got me a quad core processor and a godly motherboard, i'll give you the names, he will e-mail me everything. I will build a beast, hey Zeus what power supply should I get for a beast and which video card, i can afford up to 200$(the motherboard can accept 1 or 2 pcie not sure yet).

I thought your brother was helping you. Why not ask him?

I've already given you my help just for you to turn around and ignore it, then ask again.

The video card or PSU will eat up the $200 alone, as you know, unless you're saying $200 for each part.

That is the PSU I showed Phoenix- The Rosewill I showed you is a GOOD way to go. There are other choices, but you must stick to some guidelines. Take a look for yourself- look for PSUs with 3-4 rails with an amperage of AT LEAST 20 amps per rail and that will give you the power you need. The Watts aren't as important, but anywhere around 600 or higher is good.

Ah, okay.

I see, and even if I did find another PSU with 4 rails with each rail at 20amps, it'd probably be around the same price.

I know that you got me the best I could, especially with a good brand.

I guess I'm just being cheap, lol.

Guest some fag
Ah, okay.

I see, and even if I did find another PSU with 4 rails with each rail at 20amps, it'd probably be around the same price.

I know that you got me the best I could, especially with a good brand.

I guess I'm just being cheap, lol.

A good power supply that will run a Crossfire or SLI setup will run you 100-200 dollars unless you go with an unknown company.