Sign in to follow this  
Jewinator 5000

Why does this rule exist

This rule is here because it is.

sG is not a democracy, and never has been.

If it really is the case that the rule is just there "because", then that's fine. I don't care if the staff decide to make a rule that nobody agrees with and then never enforce it, I would be more upset if someone said "hurr we need the rule otherwise we would have intolerance"

Ok, think of it like this, it's how I view it.

In Arizona, it's illegal to be intoxicated in public. We're talking about being booked and brought in type of illegal, not just a fine. Now...cops won't actually do anything most of the time(Because they know it's an out dated law that was in Arizona before it was even a state), but the fact is, it's still in place, and if you're acting like a drunken ass hole to them and other people, then you bet your ass they'll arrest, because it's in the books. It's the enforcement that's in place to use when someone takes something too far. Example, someone comes in using it on a legitimate gay guy to berate him on the server.

Someone didn't read my post on first page ;)

I did, actually, but I elaborated with examples.

In Arizona, it's illegal to be intoxicated in public. We're talking about being booked and brought in type of illegal, not just a fine. Now...cops won't actually do anything most of the time(Because they know it's an out dated law that was in Arizona before it was even a state), but the fact is, it's still in place, and if you're acting like a drunken ass hole to them and other people, then you bet your ass they'll arrest, because it's in the books. It's the enforcement that's in place to use when someone takes something too far. Example, someone comes in using it on a legitimate gay guy to berate him on the server.

Meanwhile saying nigga in a completely non-offensive and friendly way gets you kicked by the rampant fagmins.

I agree I been yelling at people for saying it. The N word is not a very nice word and I don't like being cooled one even tho I am not one!

C'mon, you cannot be serious.

I am serious.We all have are opinion on races but it is not cool to just use the N WORD CAUSE ITS FUN. The point is it not cool. You don't hearing people say white honky all the time it just not right. Even tho I am white any kind of racist words do bug me.

Being called honky upsets you? You are the first white person I've ever seen get upset at that... Does cracker hurt too?

Edited by n2fwa

Meanwhile saying nigga in a completely non-offensive and friendly way gets you kicked by the rampant fagmins.

Or saying nigger in the context of discussing which words should and should not get you punished getting you an infraction.

As someone who's not completely retarded I don't understand how people get offended by words, especially if you're white... This is the interwebz guiz

Don't enforce this unless someone goes overboard.

/thread

Edited by Smooth-eh

I believe the rule is one free racial slur/ friend that is a minority. For example, I am Palestinain. My friends get one terrorist/ Ali Baba/ ect joke. This is what we call equality because I get to blow up their cars/houses/loved ones understand that it is in jest. Hell, my AP US History teacher fucking made jokes with me, I called him a honky all the time to his face. It's cool man, obviously rules matter more than my attempt to add to the conversation, but ya know. Cum on guys, stop being so gay and insensitive, gay people and minorities makes sG (Allergory for Murica) a great place

The rule exists because there are people who are offended by such things. While CounterStrike is a mature game, and this is a "mature" (pfft, I'm calling the community mature) community, there are still kids who play here and while, yes, that is their choice it still falls to us to prove that we are a mature gaming community (Seriously, I can't help laughing every time I type that).

When I was staff I enforced this rule quite often and did warn, and when necessary, temporarily banned people for breaking it. While this sort of shit doesn't offend me, that doesn't mean I necessarily want to hear it when I'm trying to have fun playing a game. There's a reason I started playing with voice_enable 0 active.

tl;dr - It exists because it does. While the rule may not be enforced all the time the fact that it's there means that an admin can, if they so decide, enforce it and the one being punished can't claim "but there's no rule that says I can't."

The rule exists because there are people who are offended by such things. While CounterStrike is a mature game, and this is a "mature" (pfft, I'm calling the community mature) community, there are still kids who play here and while, yes, that is their choice it still falls to us to prove that we are a mature gaming community (Seriously, I can't help laughing every time I type that).

When I was staff I enforced this rule quite often and did warn, and when necessary, temporarily banned people for breaking it. While this sort of shit doesn't offend me, that doesn't mean I necessarily want to hear it when I'm trying to have fun playing a game. There's a reason I started playing with voice_enable 0 active.

tl;dr - It exists because it does. While the rule may not be enforced all the time the fact that it's there means that an admin can, if they so decide, enforce it and the one being punished can't claim "but there's no rule that says I can't."

tl;dr rule exists so i can ban people i don't like, ty for explaining it to the ppl llet