Sign in to follow this  
jc4x4

battlefield 4

You people cant be pleased. 1 game and its already JUST LIKE COD FUCK MY LIFE

To be fair, it was just like CoD with BF3.

Everything is just like CoD now

games with long development cycles and interesting ideas tend to be better games.

when a game breaks a trend it is considered good if executed effectively.

BF and COD need to just be put down, and so do modern military shooters in general. we need more creative games with better mechanics, different settings, and a good environment that feels alive. And yes i am talking about FPS in general.

we need more games like Bioshock Infinite, that aren't afraid to change their game entirely within the same franchise. and of course, longer dev cycles. good games aren't made in a few years. some of the best games ever where in development for 6+ years.

Duke Nukem took over 10 years to make, by your logic, is that a good game? No, development time is crucial to a game being good, but it is not the only variable. You can't point at one part of a gigantic process, and assume that's what separates good games from bad games. BF4 has an entirely new engine, and BF3 came out last year. People can bash it, and call it a COD clone, but they at least are taking steps forward to improve their game, and make it a different experience from COD. COD is 12 individuals running around shooting and T-bagging each other. Sure you can play BF that way, but it's not designed to be played that way, it's meant to be a team game, you spawn on squadmates, they can revive you, give you ammo, they can pilot your chopper, or even take fire so you can complete an objective. There are gonna be similarities made between BF and COD, they are really each other's only competition, but they are not similar games.

re-read what i typed

i said 2 things: the ability to introduce original content AND the time to develop it and perfect it. why do people keep taking what i say out of context?

guys, you can only be so creative with first person shooters.

in the end its just you, shooting bad guys with a gun

you can only be so creative with puzzle games

in the end its just you, finding items and solving puzzles

you can only be so creative with platformers

in the end its just you, jumping on platforms

you can only be so creative with RPGs

in the end its just you, gaining xp and leveling up

you can only be so creative with horror games

in the end its just you, seeing freaky stuff and getting scared

you can only be so creative with RTS games

in the end its just you, building a base and attacking the enemy