Sign in to follow this  
JFK

Any suggestions for an upgrade from a Logitech G500 mouse?

Yeah basically my cat vomited all over my mouse pad and the mouse itself literally an instant after I let her back in the house from the window. After the cleaning the mess up, I found that the middle mouse button was no longer functional and I use that a lot for Internet browsing. Considering that I bought the mouse at the end of 2009 and it's now 2013, the 3 year warranty is barely void so returning it is not a option.

I figured I might as well make the best of a bad situation and go for an upgrade.

As someone who used a G500 for 2 years, I'd HIGHLY recommend replacing it with a Logitech G700. It's just nicer in every way honestly.

Some people are saying G700 but I would personally not recommend a wireless mouse. I've been using a Razer Deathadder and so far it's been the best gaming mouse I've owned.

Some people are saying G700 but I would personally not recommend a wireless mouse. I've been using a Razer Deathadder and so far it's been the best gaming mouse I've owned.

You don't notice it's wireless and you can plug it in to recharge it and keep playing with cable.

Well, I spoke too soon. Just when I'm about to open the thing up and fix it, the button in question randomly starts working again despite not having done a thing to it. Maybe the vomit dried up in the mouse? What I still don't understand was how I wasn't able to pause or even the change the volume of YouTube videos and FireFox would decide to randomly freeze on me when the button wasn't working. Now that's it working again, Firefox along with YouTube is back to normal. I know this is related to my mouse because these things didn't start occuring until after I immediately after I cleaned the cat vomit. I really didn't think a simple mouse defect could affect my computer like this.

Guess I'll just keep these recommendations for just in case it really does decide to die out on me.

You don't notice it's wireless and you can plug it in to recharge it and keep playing with cable.

actually, when the mouse is plugged the data transfer is also through the cable. Good mouse, but I never use the top 3 buttons.

I picked up the steelseries sensei for $60~ on amazon, and i've seen it become even less in some sales. It's probably the best mouse i've ever owned

actually, when the mouse is plugged the data transfer is also through the cable. Good mouse, but I never use the top 3 buttons.

I use them for battery check and dpi switch.