Sign in to follow this  
Illogical

My friend's video game

I got the impression that the forest was just unusually large (It's called Titanwood, right?), but I guess the character could also be small. Everything's relative.

Based on the range of motion and change in view point displayed when jumping over or crouching under logs, and the proportionate size of the plant matter around, I've created what I think is a very accurate depiction of the player character in this game.

Mike1.png

Actually you're wrong. It is called titanwood with reason, the objects are large, trees are huge and roots go deep. keep in mind this is very rough footage, right now a lot of stuff is just standard and still being replaced ( waterfalls, animations, interface, etc.) . for example, i've seen their redone waterfall and it shits on anything out there right now. Just wait for the kickstarter in a few weeks. they are trying to get the first level all polished up to showcase for kickstarter. so expect amazingness soon.

fyi we are on the list so please vote! second from the top under the category upcoming games, role-playing. 

http://www.indiedb.com/events/2013-indie-of-the-year-awards/top100#vote20421

Edited by Illogical

Actually you're wrong. It is called titanwood with reason, the objects are large, trees are huge and roots go deep. keep in mind this is very rough footage, right now a lot of stuff is just standard and still being replaced ( waterfalls, animations, interface, etc.) . for example, i've seen their redone waterfall and it shits on anything out there right now. Just wait for the kickstarter in a few weeks. they are trying to get the first level all polished up to showcase for kickstarter. so expect amazingness soon.

fyi we are on the list so please vote! second from the top under the category upcoming games, role-playing. 

http://www.indiedb.com/events/2013-indie-of-the-year-awards/top100#vote20421

Rather than making everything feel huge though, it just feels like the character is very small. Like I said, the range of motion when moving up or down seems unrealistically limited, as if the character has a super tiny torso. Small bark and leaf patterns on the plants seemed to be scaled up as well, rather than just having big plants with normal sized patterns. It all puts you in this uncomfortable uncanny-valley type range where you don't feel normal sized, but you're not small enough to feel like you're experiencing the environment in a unique and fascinating way. Maybe this will be improved by the end, but it seems like they're perhaps putting to much effort into the visuals of the environment and not enough into developing a character model that interacts in a realistic way.

The footage you see is not using the same character model (they use a model that is giving to them). The character will fit the map, don't worry. This is still in beta. Again this is the first stage. You have not even chosen your character class just yet. The first character you play is not the one you play through the whole game. Titan wood is supposed to feel overwhelming thats the point. It will make sense give it time. Here is a pic of the first person you play as.

1461052_639453456093212_2034636733_n.png

BUMP! I am now a production artist for the team! We've got an award from IndieDB, a bunch of reviews, and now we are on the top 20 list of upcoming indies to watch for!

link to the top 20 list:click here

Here is a quote from the article:

Everything about this game seems like it’s going to be a blast, and well worth any investment the players will put into it. This game has all the makings of a Game Of The Year, and it may very well be the best game we see in the coming months, years, or whenever it drops. I eagerly anticipate this game.

FYI: WE WILL BE STARTING OUR KICKSTARTER OVER THE WEEKEND! EXPECT A NEW THREAD WITH THE LINK TO IT! DONATIONS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUMP! I am now a production artist for the team! We've got an award from IndieDB, a bunch of reviews, and now we are on the top 20 list of upcoming indies to watch for!

link to the top 20 list:click here

Here is a quote from the article:

FYI: WE WILL BE STARTING OUR KICKSTARTER OVER THE WEEKEND! EXPECT A NEW THREAD WITH THE LINK TO IT! DONATIONS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats man!

HOLY CRAP KICKSTARTER IS GONNA START IN A BIT IM SO NERVOUS PLEASE HELP ME SPREAD THIS SHIT LIKE WILD FIRE. I WILL POST THE PAGE IN A NEW THREAD IN A BIT AS SOON AS IT COMES UP. 

Probably going to buy the 50$ pack because the game looks that awsome. Also, I love seeing people go through with their dreams.

Just a quick question, when is the Alpha expected to come out? I know a game like tis will take a long time to make, but I just can't wait to test those revolutionary mechanics.

Edited by Huklz

Probably going to buy the 50$ pack because the game looks that awsome. Also, I love seeing people go through with their dreams.

Just a quick question, when is the Alpha expected to come out? I know a game like tis will take a long time to make, but I just can't wait to test those revolutionary mechanics.

Thanks for the support and sadly I can't really answer that question. But I will say it'd be a great question for the FAQ we are doing on kickstarter right now. you should throw it up there to the core team.   http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1324765189/cradle