Sign in to follow this  
porknchili

The HTC One Revealed

Today HTC revealed their latest flagship phone, the HTC One.

htc-onesilver3v-1361247455.jpg

It features:

- 4.7in 1080p Super LCD 3 display with 468 dpi

- Gorilla Glass 2

- The new quad core Snapdragon 600 @ 1.7GHz

- Adreno 320 GPU

- 2GB Ram

- Aluminium unibody construction

- Front facing 2.1MP camera with 88-degree wide-angle lens capable of 1080p video

- Rear facing "UltraPixel" camera (4MP BSI Sensor with a f/2.0 lens for 300% more light that each pixel gathers)

- Built in 2300mAh Li-Polymer battery

- Bluetooth 4.0

- NFC

- 32GB or 64GB of storage (no expandable Micro SD slot)

- Android 4.1.2 Jellybean

- And a lot more

I may have gotten the first 3 Samsung Galaxy S's in order, but this looks good enough to switch ships.

More info here.

While it is really nice to have expandable memory, I don't find myself using more than 32 GB on my 16 GB S3 + 16 GB SD card so a 32 GB internal really isn't that bad to me. The biggest thing on this phone is the supposedly better camera technology. Aside from that, I would wait for the rumored Motorola X Phone, Galaxy S4, or maybe even a Nexus 5 (though highly unlikely since the Nexus 4 just came out in the fall/winter) before deciding.

While it is really nice to have expandable memory, I don't find myself using more than 32 GB on my 16 GB S3 + 16 GB SD card so a 32 GB internal really isn't that bad to me. The biggest thing on this phone is the supposedly better camera technology. Aside from that, I would wait for the rumored Motorola X Phone, Galaxy S4, or maybe even a Nexus 5 (though highly unlikely since the Nexus 4 just came out in the fall/winter) before deciding.

Yeah, usually I'm partial towards phones with micro SD storage but that's since most have 16GB internal/12GB Usable. 32GB or 64 is good enough for my needs. Also, the build quality is what I'm most interested in since although I like my S3, I don't like the whole plastic feeling to it.

If Samsung comes out with an S4 with the Eynox 5 Octa, software buttons like the nexus line, and a shell that isn't cheap looking plastic again, then I'll go with it. If Samsung drops the ball, then I'm gonna switch to this and put some AOSP ROM on it.

Yeah, usually I'm partial towards phones with micro SD storage but that's since most have 16GB internal/12GB Usable. 32GB or 64 is good enough for my needs. Also, the build quality is what I'm most interested in since although I like my S3, I don't like the whole plastic feeling to it.

If Samsung comes out with an S4 with the Eynox 5 Octa, software buttons like the nexus line, and a shell that isn't cheap looking plastic again, then I'll go with it. If Samsung drops the ball, then I'm gonna switch to this and put some AOSP ROM on it.

I feel you on that, but honestly, keep dreaming. Samsung isn't going to move away from the hardware home button or capacitive touch keys - at least that's rumors. And they will most likely continue to use the plastic builds because it's cheaper and with how many they produce and sell, that means more profit for them. Also, I doubt the S4 will use the Exynos 5 Octa.. that's really overkill for a phone. I could see them using it in their next flagship tablet like the 10.1 version 3 or something, maybe even the Note 3, but really not too hopeful on seeing it in the S4.

honestly its not the space that i'm worried about. as a modder there have been many occasions that i needed the remove the SD card for my phone to boot to recovery properly.

no SD card slot = no sale for me.

honestly its not the space that i'm worried about. as a modder there have been many occasions that i needed the remove the SD card for my phone to boot to recovery properly.

I guess that's true. I run custom ROMs on my phones but have never run into that problem yet luckily.

I guess that's true. I run custom ROMs on my phones but have never run into that problem yet luckily.

you will when you start updating the radios and the kernels.

you will when you start updating the radios and the kernels.

I updated kernels on my Nexus S in Korea and never had any issues. Radios on the other hand.. haven't touched that yet.