Sign in to follow this  
water.exe

Computer Build 3

Well building my 3rd gaming rig and so far pleased with the parts and mind you the cost will +/- barring any deals from /r/buildapcsale I am just finilizing the details and the parts but I am happy with the current parts selected. Here is the link to the specs of my 560Ti Hawk

http://us.msi.com/pr...v=Specification

Also if I want to SLI my Hawk it would be roughly 600 wattage draw otherwise I'm sitting at a 400 wattage draw now. Thoughts, Comments or Suggestions? Also as a noted I've also considered upgrading/downgrading Total Wattage to this PSU

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371059&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 74.4 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($59.99 @ Newegg)

Thermal Compound: Prolimatech PK-3 Nano Aluminum High-Grade 1.5g Thermal Paste ($4.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: MSI Z77 MPOWER ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($189.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($109.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Antec Eleven Hundred ATX Full Tower Case ($112.98 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Antec TruePower New 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (Not Needed Current PSU)

Other: MSI 560Ti Hawk

Total: $672.92 (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

Edited by Evilhunter32

Guest Fohacidal

Everytime I see one of these threads I feel like I should chip in some advice. And then I see a pcpartspicker link and cry a little bit

http://pcpartpicker....ase-cc9011019ww

I have this one currently and its beast. Probably the best I've owned. And its about the sam price.

I've seen that case as well Skotti but I am trying to am for a full size tower because I plan to do a complete system loop for water cooling so I have plenty of space.

well then, disregard me.

however the c70 is fucking huge. even for a mid tower. I've got room for half of mexico in there.

http://pcpartpicker....ase-cc9011019ww

I have this one currently and its beast. Probably the best I've owned. And its about the sam price.

I've seen that case as well Skotti but I am trying to am for a full size tower because I plan to do a complete system loop for water cooling so I have plenty of space.

well then, disregard me.

however the c70 is fucking huge. even for a mid tower. I've got room for half of mexico in there.

I'm still looking around case wise to find the best deal. Also Foha like I said before Pcpartpicker more than what it seems.

It's the lazy way out, so I'm agreeing with Foh. You should know practically everything about the PC parts you buy before actually purchasing them instead of having a website pick them for you. I'm fairly certain that you'd get better bang for your buck by taking a Tom's Hardware quarterly budget build and swapping out the case and PSU if you wanted upgrade room

It's the lazy way out, so I'm agreeing with Foh. You should know practically everything about the PC parts you buy before actually purchasing them instead of having a website pick them for you. I'm fairly certain that you'd get better bang for your buck by taking a Tom's Hardware quarterly budget build and swapping out the case and PSU if you wanted upgrade room

I don't use the site to pick my parts for me I've been researching parts the last month and debating on several parts. I use this to find them in the cheapest spots possible to save myself a few bucks because some sites will charge a ungodly amount for the exact same thing. Also I don't think I'll be swapping out this psu because it can support 2 560 TI Hawks or 2 660TI's in sli with ~120 watts to spare. Case I'm still debating on because I'm trying to find a decent size case for a full system loop of water cooling or make a case that is completely water tight and submerge all the part into a high grade mineral oil. Also I've seen some of the Tom's Hardware quarterly builds and they seem to only do the 500/750/1000+ builds and they just try to maximize FPS on select titles. Also I need input guys i5 Ivy bridge or Xeon Ivy bridge cpu?