Sign in to follow this  
Oreo

Michael Jordan vs Lebron James

So since Jordan's 50'th birthday is around, i've heard a lot of "Who's better? Michael or Lebron!?". I'm wondering what everyone elses take is on it.

For me, it's Michael. The guy made such a huge impact and had such an amazing career. I think the only think Lebron really has on him is his athleticism, if Michael had Lebron's body then he probably would've had a hell of a lot better career than he did. Even at 50 the guy is still good. Supposedly he beat the #2 draft pick 1v1, that's insane for his age, especially when he's out of shape.

Both of them are great in their respective ways. I don't feel like you can truly compare a legend (Jordan) and a great player like Lebron. Lebron still has quite a few years ahead of him and is breaking records at every step. I think, in due time, LeBron could have the equal impact Jordan did to the NBA if he chooses to.

Edit: gremmer

Edited by IntoxicatedDog

Both of them are great in their respective ways. I don't feel like you can truly compare a legend (Jordan) and a great player like Lebron. Lebron still has quite a few years ahead of him and is breaking records at every step. I think, in due time, LeBron could have the equal impact Jordan did to the NBA if he chooses to.

Edit: gremmer

I'm too tired to form my own response, but I pretty much agree with this.

The debate between those 2 and kobe is fucking stupid. They're all good players. Can't really compare title wins because each time they had strong teammates.

I will say though that I think Jordan had a bigger impact on the game than LeBron will.

I dunno, man. I have this strong thought of not comparing players from different generations. Jordan accomplished more than LeBron has but towards the end of LBJ's career is when you can get the best comparison. I'd take Jordan.

Michael Jordan. Lebron may be a good player, but his attitude is much worse than Jordan's

I don't know they're both kinda pricks. At MJ's Hall of Fame acceptance speech he just slandered a bunch of people he felt slighted him during his career and went on to say that teams don't win championships, players like him do which is a load of bullshit. He also griped about having to pay for a ticket to attend the ceremony. I remember an old Sports Illustrated article that showed MJ's high school coach with debilitating diseases and MJ refused to visit or help him because he didn't put him on the high school varsity team sophomore year.

TL;DR: Michael Jordan is also an arrogant prick.

I don't know they're both kinda pricks. At MJ's Hall of Fame acceptance speech he just slandered a bunch of people he felt slighted him during his career and went on to say that teams don't win championships, players like him do which is a load of bullshit. He also griped about having to pay for a ticket to attend the ceremony. I remember an old Sports Illustrated article that showed MJ's high school coach with debilitating diseases and MJ refused to visit or help him because he didn't put him on the high school varsity team sophomore year.

TL;DR: Michael Jordan is also an arrogant prick.

Yeah, Jordan is a complete asshole according to most people. There are numerous stories about MJ about how much of a dick he was and how he was just a complete douchebag throughout his life. This video should suffice.

Anyways, they are equal talent wise IMO, but Jordan's competitiveness is what ultimately sets him apart from LeBron. 

Sidenote: My friend is neighbors with Shane Battier's parents and actually hosted his graduation party from High School. I saw an email convo that he had with Battier where he said, "We'll beat the Spurs, but there are a lot of players here that just can't get motivated for more than a game at a time." This pretty much explained why most of the Heat looked like they didn't give a damn in the games coming off of wins.