Sign in to follow this  
Reaper0470

Thinking about getting Guild Wars 2

So a buddy of mine at college was showing me some gameplay footage of guild wars 2 and it looks like a pretty awesome game. However because looks can be deceiving I was wondering if anyone would like to give their opinion on the game to help me base my decision better.

i haven't played it in 4 or 5 months, so i can't speak to anything that has changed since then

the game was very fun until you reached max level, and then there was simply not much to do. the little bit that there was left to do had the rewards nerfed and the content made more difficult to prevent people from botting. the server i played on was ranked 1 in the world vs world system for months, and after signing on 2 months later it was a complete ghost town full of gold sellers.

So much negativity! The game was a lot of fun but it suffered from a lack of endgame. IMO, if alts are something you enjoy then this game is definitely for you, there's also a large focus on visuals over stat grinding.

It's barely anything like guild wars 1 which kinda disappointed me but then again what's the point of a sequel if its identical to the first one.

Visually it's a lovely game, so much detail etc. but the gameplay just didn't do it for me. It all seemed a bit not right and I quickly lost interest in it. I'm sure if you've never played guild wars or wow you'll find it a pretty good game, but if you have played either then I don't think it's worth a purchase.

I played that shit for less than 4 hours and returned it later for $80.

So no, don't buy it.

I recently bought it. How did you return it? Do I email them?

EDIT: nvm figured it out

Edited by CatsAreCrits