Sign in to follow this  
SpecialBrownies

Steam Error: No SteamUser

So I've been having this problem with Garry's Mod the past couple of days. I'll start it up, it'll go to the light blue screen with the "Loading..." at the bottom right, and it'll crash to Desktop giving me this error.

Steam Error: No SteamUser

-Make sure that Steam is up to date.

-Try restarting your PC.

-Try Garry's Mod -> Delete Local Content

Please let me know if you solve this bug!

1. My Steam is Up-To-Date

2. Restarted several times

3. Re-installed Garry's Mod x2

I'm still getting the error despite trying all of these, anybody else having this problem? I read somewhere that it was because of a Garry's Mod update and it broke G-Mod yet I haven't seen an update recently. (Maybe I missed the update or something, but I'm pretty sure there hasn't been one in the past week or so, when I started having the problem)

You on a mac?

Try ending steam's process through task manager and then starting it up again OR you are on a Mac

Nope not on a Mac, but I'll try that Ryziou.

EDIT: So, but some miraculous reason, that actually worked. I have no idea why Restarting, Re-installing, etc. didn't work, but this did. Thanks Ryziou

/Thread

Edited by SpecialBrownies

You on a mac?

Try ending steam's process through task manager and then starting it up again OR you are on a Mac

EDIT: So, but some miraculous reason, that actually worked. I have no idea why Restarting, Re-installing, etc. didn't work, but this did. Thanks Ryziou

/Thread

It didn't fix it because the process was still running, even if you thought you closed it.

On another note, is that person in your sig being shot?!?!? or just tased

You on a mac?

/Thread

It didn't fix it because the process was still running, even if you thought you closed it.

On another note, is that person in your sig being shot?!?!? or just tased

uh, that's my sig, and they're being tased