Sign in to follow this  
Mitch

*1v1 The Kobe Tournament [ QUESTIONNAIRE & PRE-SIGNUPS ]

LoL Public Tourney Questionaire  

26 members have voted

1. 1. are you interested/will sign up for the tourney?

2. 2. What would you prefer between the options?

• 1v1
    • 2v2 (you choose your own teams)
    • 3v3 (you choose your own teams)
  3. 3. What would you prefer between the options?

• Proving Grounds (common ARAM map)
    • Twisted Treeline (3v3 map)
    • Summoners Rift (default 5v5 map)
    • Dominion
  4. 4. What would you prefer between the options?

• All Random
    • Tournament Draft Pick
    • Blind Pick
    • Six-Ten (3-5 each side) champs banned beforehand in custom game lobby, then Blind Pick
  5. 5. What would you prefer between the options?

• First blood;first tower = win
    • first tower = win
    • base tower
    • full out, whoever takes the nexus first
  6. 6. What would you prefer between the options? (In Group/Prelims)

7. 7. What would you prefer between the options? (In Group/Prelims)

• ELO Ladder (everyone on same ladder)
    • Normal Ladder (everyone on same ladder)
    • Everyone is split into groups, and its group stage then seeded into brackets
  8. 8. What would you prefer in bracket stage?

9. 9. For all series,

• Play out all games (e.g. play out 3 games of the best of 3)
    • Don't play out all games (e.g. if you win 2 in a Bo3, its done)
  10. 10. Double Elim/Single Elim

this will be a casual tournament attempt for sG, just need to see what you guys would prefer.

signups will be coming out soon.

if you dont have a preference, feel free to either A) abstain from answering OR B) check all the answers

I'm in EUW, my ping in NA is horrible but I still voted. If we can maybe we can get a dota 2 tourney going since everyone has loads of invites to give out still.

I think a 5v5 tournament would be better.

should probably do a test tournament and if you participated in the test tourney depending on your placement

in the real tourney you can get maybe a 1 by.

OR

scrap the entire placement idea and

do a test tourney - > real tourney.

should probably do a test tournament and if you participated in the test tourney depending on your placement

OR

I don't want to be mean but no, a 5v5 tourney would not work in sG considering the amount of people who play league.

OR

I don't want to be mean but no, a 5v5 tourney would not work in sG considering the amount of people who play league.

And, I remember when every the normal people who play league started to make a ranked team we would always fight and yell after like the 2nd game, quite amusing but not serious and wouldn't work in a real environment.

Follow up questions

Maps

Proving Grounds vs Summoners Rift

- Proving Grounds, quicker gameplay (theoretically) and cut to the chase up fornt action no bullshit

- Summoners Rift, possibly slower gameplay, more strategy involved (you can ward, you can gank from sides/behind, grab buffs, etc.,)

Picking Method

All Random vs Tournament Draft vs Blind Pick vs Teams banning out Champs then Blind Pick

- All Random, would create a more unpredicatable game (you could get a great 1v1 champ or a shit one, who knows considering the odds) however it would also be subject to contreversy (people might cry, yadda yadda if I didn't have a shit champ etc., etc.,) but it could be fun. Doable if everyone is fine with it.

- Tournament Draft, very logical choice but the person with second pick can immediately counterpick the person with first pick. Even though this is the most popular option, it also seems to be very imbalanced.

- Blind Pick, more fair method of picking - a balance of both skill and fairness

- Champs banned @ lobby then Blind Pick, a fix to the counter-picking problem in Tournament Draft, however it didn't get as much popularity.

Prelims Stage

Best of 1 v Best of 2 v Best of 3

- Best of 1, keeps it short and simple but also leaves the door of opportunity to luck

- Best of 2, interesting tradeoff. High chance of ties which would create a more diverse/interesting group stage (play 2 games all the time pretty much).

- Best of 3, fairly standard - only concern is as long as everyone is willing to play until a best of 3.

Prelims

Ladder vs Group Stage

- Ladder Stage, everyone gets to play eaech other at least once. Problem is it might be lengthy but I'm down if there is enough interest.

- Group Stage, makes it easier for everyone and is more commonly used. This might be the most viable option, we can try to implement ladder stage in a future tourney.

===

Debate/discuss, and tell me what you prefer

I'll take your discussion/comments/feedback and make the final decisions this week myself.

Follow up questions

Maps

Proving Grounds vs Summoners Rift

- Proving Grounds, quicker gameplay (theoretically) and cut to the chase up fornt action no bullshit

- Summoners Rift, possibly slower gameplay, more strategy involved (you can ward, you can gank from sides/behind, grab buffs, etc.,)

Picking Method

All Random vs Tournament Draft vs Blind Pick vs Teams banning out Champs then Blind Pick

- All Random, would create a more unpredicatable game (you could get a great 1v1 champ or a shit one, who knows considering the odds) however it would also be subject to contreversy (people might cry, yadda yadda if I didn't have a shit champ etc., etc.,) but it could be fun. Doable if everyone is fine with it.

- Tournament Draft, very logical choice but the person with second pick can immediately counterpick the person with first pick. Even though this is the most popular option, it also seems to be very imbalanced.

- Blind Pick, more fair method of picking - a balance of both skill and fairness

- Champs banned @ lobby then Blind Pick, a fix to the counter-picking problem in Tournament Draft, however it didn't get as much popularity.

Prelims Stage

Best of 1 v Best of 2 v Best of 3

- Best of 1, keeps it short and simple but also leaves the door of opportunity to luck

- Best of 2, interesting tradeoff. High chance of ties which would create a more diverse/interesting group stage (play 2 games all the time pretty much).

- Best of 3, fairly standard - only concern is as long as everyone is willing to play until a best of 3.

Prelims

Ladder vs Group Stage

- Ladder Stage, everyone gets to play eaech other at least once. Problem is it might be lengthy but I'm down if there is enough interest.

- Group Stage, makes it easier for everyone and is more commonly used. This might be the most viable option, we can try to implement ladder stage in a future tourney.

===

Debate/discuss, and tell me what you prefer

I'll take your discussion/comments/feedback and make the final decisions this week myself.

Just giving my opinions.

Map - Summoners Rift would actually be better imho. Gives each player a chance to actually make strategic decisions and it also depends on whether the other team can actually last hit unlike PG, for me I just poke or kill 1-2 creeps and leave it at that (on Proving Grounds)

Picking Method - I'd say go with Tournament Draft or "Champs banned @ lobby then Blind Pick". You will always need to ban champions due to the fact that there is always a champ that stomps faces like Lee Sin, Jax, Irelia, Mantheon and it will give the teams a chance to actually fight in fairness

Prelims Stage - Best of 3 would usually be the one I'd go for but it depends on how many players are competing in the tourney.

Prelims - Like you said for Ladder stage, it's lengthy and not sure if other people have time for it. Youse need to see how this tourney turns out first and if it succeeds then you can do a ladder stage next time so I'm going to go with Group stage

p.s I wrote this when I just woke up so If I miss something or said something irrelevant to what Mitch said then... my bad :/

Edited by Ryziou