Sign in to follow this  
pH(x)

Good gaming laptops

I've said this before and I'll say it again. It's honestly better to just get a gaming desktop, maybe even an m-ATX lanbox, than a gaming laptop. If you are still set on getting one though, I'd recommend the new Sagers, MSIs, and Asus G series laptops. I would post my specific recommendations but it's really up the buyer. Also, I suggest that you use a custom builder like xoticpc instead of buying off of like bestbuy or newegg.

Thanks for the help i knew desktops were better for gaming i was just wondering if there was a good gaming laptop, but what desktop would you reccomend? thanks for the help btw

It depends on how much you're willing to spend and if you want to save some money and build your own or want a company to build it for you. Personally, I'd recommend building your own, but if you aren't comfortable, I'd recommend building a custom desktop from either AVA Direct, Maingear, or Digital Storm.

I would strongly look into building your own m-ATX computer as stated or even mITX (little harder to work with due to spacing sometimes). But if you really don't want to do that, I'd say get a Sager laptop.

There's no such thing as a gaming laptop.

This. Laptops can be used for some games but its just better to make your own desktop. You can make a good gaming desktop for only $400-$500.

DON'T EVER BUY A STOCK DESKTOP OR LAPTOP, build one yourself, you can make a much better desktop yourself, for less than half the price of buying a stock one.

MSI is pretty good for gaming, cheaper then Alienware. http://www.msimobile...px?cid=6&id=370

But like everyone else I'd recommend building a desktop for better performance and a better price/quality ratio.

Laptops can heat up to high temperatures while playing games, even counter strike.

Just look at build-your-own computer websites so you can find your price range for your 'desired' gaming laptop should be. All there is that Alienware and other brands from stores are just PRE-BUILT. Some are more expensive for what type of graphic cards,motherboards,ect. AND for namebrand laptops/desktop like Dell. So I would recommened looking at build-your-own to find what you want in your price range AND hardware for gaming.

Well with all these responses i will definitely be looking in to building my own desktop, i mean after all it cant be that hard can it...

That was pretty much my question lol, got any desktops you would recommend though?

Go buy a pre-built at bestbuy bro. They've got the best deals.

Sarcasm?

i saw a awesome desktop at bestbuy it was so awesome, if you want a prebuilt go to bestbuy

I've said this before and I'll say it again. It's honestly better to just get a gaming desktop, maybe even an m-ATX lanbox, than a gaming laptop. If you are still set on getting one though, I'd recommend the new Sagers, MSIs, and Asus G series laptops. I would post my specific recommendations but it's really up the buyer. Also, I suggest that you use a custom builder like xoticpc instead of buying off of like bestbuy or newegg.

Thanks for the help i knew desktops were better for gaming i was just wondering if there was a good gaming laptop, but what desktop would you reccomend? thanks for the help btw

It depends on how much you're willing to spend and if you want to save some money and build your own or want a company to build it for you. Personally, I'd recommend building your own, but if you aren't comfortable, I'd recommend building a custom desktop from either AVA Direct, Maingear, or Digital Storm.

I would strongly look into building your own m-ATX computer as stated or even mITX (little harder to work with due to spacing sometimes). But if you really don't want to do that, I'd say get a Sager laptop.

There's no such thing as a gaming laptop.

This. Laptops can be used for some games but its just better to make your own desktop. You can make a good gaming desktop for only $400-$500.

DON'T EVER BUY A STOCK DESKTOP OR LAPTOP, build one yourself, you can make a much better desktop yourself, for less than half the price of buying a stock one.

MSI is pretty good for gaming, cheaper then Alienware. http://www.msimobile...px?cid=6&id=370

But like everyone else I'd recommend building a desktop for better performance and a better price/quality ratio.

Laptops can heat up to high temperatures while playing games, even counter strike.

Just look at build-your-own computer websites so you can find your price range for your 'desired' gaming laptop should be. All there is that Alienware and other brands from stores are just PRE-BUILT. Some are more expensive for what type of graphic cards,motherboards,ect. AND for namebrand laptops/desktop like Dell. So I would recommened looking at build-your-own to find what you want in your price range AND hardware for gaming.

Well with all these responses i will definitely be looking in to building my own desktop, i mean after all it cant be that hard can it...

It's not that hard, and even if you find it difficult Youtube has fairly a sufficient amount of videos on the internet to teach you how to do anything pretty much.

easily the best decision I have ever made.

You are a sad, sad man.

To each his own. Considering the price point of it and what he's getting for parts, the price isn't bad. It's $500 to make a decent desktop, but that doesn't include a monitor, keyboard, or other peripherals. I'm gonna make the same point as I did in the steam box thread. Desktops are a powerhouse, but you aren't going to carry a 60-pound behemoth of a case, plus peripherals when you want to use a computer at an internet café.

Still getting his money's worth

you aren't going to carry a 60-pound behemoth of a case, plus peripherals when you want to use a computer at an internet café.

But I would be carrying a 60-pound behemoth, because I'd have to cut my dick off before I ever went to an internet café, and I'm not just gonna leave that thing lying around.

you aren't going to carry a 60-pound behemoth of a case, plus peripherals when you want to use a computer at an internet café.

Internet cafés have computers.

Internet cafés have computers.

Isn't his point regarding playing games on the go?

Personally, I'm not normally in the position to be gaming when I'm out, because that's when I'm doing productive stuff like going to work and classes and out with real life people. Honestly how many applications can one person have for a gaming laptop's portability that are so important?

Isn't his point regarding playing games on the go?

Personally, I'm not normally in the position to be gaming when I'm out, because that's when I'm doing productive stuff like going to work and classes and out with real life people. Honestly how many applications can one person have for a gaming laptop's portability that are so important?

Yes, and same here. Though I love games, they never get priority over life bullshit.

It really isn't hard at all, and it's worth it. The amount of money you save not buying, say, a Samsung computer can be used to put into more powerful parts. You also have the ease of upgrading since you already know exactly what is in your computer. Not only that, but you get that warm fuzzy feeling when you look at your PC. Some good places to get started are on NeweggTV's three video series on building your own PC, or HardwareCanuck's tutorials on how to build a computer (both of which are on YouTube). Learning the terminology of parts is probably the hardest part of learning to how build a PC. If you have any questions, you could sign up on Hardware Canucks forums and post the parts list you have, then people will make recommendations based on what you picked out and what would be best, or you could ask around sG or any other hardware forums really.