Sign in to follow this  
Purple Haze

Highest download speed?

BS, that is fair. There were still others, just not as many. Considering my jack is one of about 20 in the office cluster which is one of about 10 clusters in our part of the building serviced by a single network closet..... Besides, we were just going for the highest connection, even during the day when lots of people are there, the connection is usually pretty decent. I mentioned the home standard connection is 20 down 5 up.

I've played from school a few times, after a certain point, the speed doesn't seem to help, but that super fast ping sure does.

Also, if i truly had them route all campus bandwidth to me i wouldn't be able to test it, it would exceed gigabit ethernet standards, not sure if speedtest would be able to handle the test either, or the comp would explode....

Ladies and gents, we have a winner!! (Knew I should have kept trying for higher speeds)

Keep in mind... We're paying ONLY $10.00 a month for this, along with full cable. :D (No, I'm not fucking shitting you.)

First time (Before I got my cable modem "Warmed up")

232170635.png

After warming, and an even further away place

232171575.png

Yet one more far-ish place

232172176.png

Lastly, using the speedtest page for my isp

TCP/Web100 Network Diagnostic Tool v5.3.3e

click START to begin

Preparing Speedtest . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done

running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 981.46Kb/s

running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 9.31Mb/s

Your speed is 169.32 times faster than 56Kb dialup

Keep in mind... We're paying ONLY $10.00 a month for this, along with full cable. :D (No, I'm not fucking shitting you.)

First time (Before I got my cable modem "Warmed up")

232170635.png

After warming, and an even further away place

232171575.png

Yet one more far-ish place

232172176.png

Lastly, using the speedtest page for my isp

TCP/Web100 Network Diagnostic Tool v5.3.3e

click START to begin

Preparing Speedtest . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done

running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 981.46Kb/s

running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 9.31Mb/s

Your speed is 169.32 times faster than 56Kb dialup

Hella good deal.

232268302.png

LOL so bad

I still am the winner for the worst speeds.

Y does every one have better upload then me lol.

Cable doesn't usually have awesome upload speeds. It will be even worse if your neighborhood node is oversubscribed.

I think me and anarchy download speed are tied. I had css open and 2 mozilla homepages open.

what a load of crap

I think me and anarchy download speed are tied. I had css open and 2 mozilla homepages open.

His is tested from 100 miles away though, whats yours, 50?

How does that work exactly?

u can buy the modem there and then just plug it on ur cable and start scaning mac adresses , and start scanning config files ( for speeds ) but u cant work with mac address from ur zone node , buy it and u get everything explained ont their forum (u get ur account buying the modem ) and then u should be able to get the speed on my speed test (even more cuz in mexico theres not high d/l speed rates ) (sorry for bad english and grammar :P )

u can buy the modem there and then just plug it on ur cable and start scaning mac adresses , and start scanning config files ( for speeds ) but u cant work with mac address from ur zone node , buy it and u get everything explained ont their forum (u get ur account buying the modem ) and then u should be able to get the speed on my speed test (even more cuz in mexico theres not high d/l speed rates ) (sorry for bad english and grammar :P )

But wouldn't the cable outside be disconnected, and nothing would work?

So this is basically stealing internet, which I find very appealing.

But wouldn't the cable outside be disconnected, and nothing would work?

So this is basically stealing internet, which I find very appealing.

Okay anarchy is connected to a dam university. And he paying 20,000$ for that university. Im paying a little more then 50$ for my internet. And i called comcast my upload speed is actually more then 3,000 kb/s.

Okay anarchy is connected to a dam university. And he paying 20,000$ for that university. Im paying a little more then 50$ for my internet. And i called comcast my upload speed is actually more then 3,000 kb/s.

That had nothing to do with my reply.

I was talking to MX about how hes getting free cable internet with those modified modems.

I'm interested in buying one actually.

Technically our internet is free. It's not part of our room and board. Actually, if anyone wants to download a ton of shit, you can dl here at 10mb/s (inter-campus traffic) and its free. Its actually pretty nice here, we have our own file sharing program that has tons of selection. I have access to IMDB's top 250 movies and it only takes a minute to download a movie.