Sign in to follow this  
ROFL

Windows 8 or 7

I'm on 7 on my desktop, and my Macbook got 8 using virtual machine. I never gamed on 8 but i like the interface of 7 more because i'm trusted with it.

I've read some comments from people, so I don't know anything about it, that gaming on windows 8 sucks and that windows 8 is anti-gaming.

But then again they could be wrong.

Buy Windows 8, it's cheap and you can use Start8 (paid), ClassicShell (free), and a couple other programs to get rid of metro. It really does add a lot of nice features such as task manager, built in ROM mounting, etc... I haven't had any issues with it personally.

i game on windows 8, i turned off metro and it looks like 7. the way it handles i/o is better than in 7 so things appear to run faster.. boot times and shutdown times are also improved. if you have 7 stick with it.. if you're on vista or older, get 8. most of the ppl complaining about 8 just dont know what they're doing and they're not used to how it looks. if you know what you're doing you can make it look like 7 and still gain all the benefits.

8 is literally 7 with some added features, but the reason they made it was for those convertible tablet/computers so id say stick with 7 and save your money

Windows 8 is basically a more optimized version of windows 7 with a metro interface as a start screen. I like it, it is much faster then windows 7 start up wise and you really don't need the start menu I have gotten use to it. Most people just don't like change.