Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cranium

Boredom

Guest cc90

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Silentshot @ Apr 21 2007, 04:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Damn 7 pages, that fast.....I had to have a post in here happy.gif

Tell me about it, I got about 40 posts today.

Guest Drunkentig3r

I'm back (and yes, my abdomen hurts):

Where did Polish people or other indigenous people figure into all this? Its not like every one of them were Jewish, yet they were still hauled off to the camps. Many have now given interviews on their experiences within the camps.

CC, if I assume that you live in the United States, then going by your theory that every race should have their own country, then you and I do not belong here. This land would belong to the Native Americans, indigenous people who lived and thrived here for untold thousands of years before the first Europeans discovered the New World.

After reading the ping-pong match between CC and other posters, I would have to say leave the man be. He is entitled to his opinion, just like the rest of us. He acknowledged the fact that concentration camps existed, and he acknowledges the fact that Jews were hauled off to these sort of camps, and were limited to residing in ghettos and only certain areas of the cities (like in ancient Italy-try reading Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare, which yes, taps into Jewish stereotypes at the time). He also states that unlike more..."radical" members of the white supremacist movement, he doesn't exactly want harm to befall on different ethnic groups, he just wants everyone to reside within their own countries and leave him alone. This is just like some African-American/Black Islamic groups who wish White people would've remained in Europe and never have enslaved their ancestors.

And yes, in response to a question you posted (somewhere), it IS odd that a black person can walk around with a "Black Pride" t-shirt on and nobody will do anything or think anything about it, yet if a white person did it, it would be considered racism on their end. Unfortunately, its just a product of past mistakes, events, and reparations. The world we live in is founded on the feet of our ancestors and their actions. Everyone knows the story of Africans being kidnapped/sold to become slaves in the new world, of the slavery and labor that had befallen these Africans, the Civil War over the issue of slavery, the Jim Crow era, the Civil Rights movement, and everyone knows about the racism that was exhibited by some select police officers in major cities such as New York City or Los Angeles. Because of the past, the world we live in allows for Black people to be proud of their heritage and show public signs of this, yet the same is not true for Whites. Thats just the way it is.

You'd be happy to know though, that some prominent, successful African-Americans (such as actors Morgan Freeman and Sir Sidney Poitier, various college professors and writers) criticize movements such as Black History month.

Taken from Wikipedia and 60 Minutes

"I don't want a black history month. Black history is American history." He says the only way to end racism is to stop talking about it, and he notes that there is no "white history month." Freeman once said on an interview with 60 Minutes' Mike Wallace: "I am going to stop calling you a white man and I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hushx @ Apr 22 2007, 04:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Where did Polish people or other indigenous people figure into all this? Its not like every one of them were Jewish, yet they were still hauled off to the camps. Many have now given interviews on their experiences within the camps.

CC, if I assume that you live in the United States, then going by your theory that every race should have their own country, then you and I do not belong here. This land would belong to the Native Americans, indigenous people who lived and thrived here for untold thousands of years before the first Europeans discovered the New World.

Agreed. But, in my case. Before america was founded, Texas was its own country. The Native Americans origionated from Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kansas, (North Eastern, North Western, and South Western is where they originated from.) Although every thing i just stated is complete bullshit. I still would like to believe it.

Guest cc90

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hushx @ Apr 22 2007, 04:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

After reading the ping-pong match between CC and other posters, I would have to say leave the man be. He is entitled to his opinion, just like the rest of us. He acknowledged the fact that concentration camps existed, and he acknowledges the fact that Jews were hauled off to these sort of camps, and were limited to residing in ghettos and only certain areas of the cities (like in ancient Italy-try reading Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare, which yes, taps into Jewish stereotypes at the time). He also states that unlike more..."radical" members of the white supremacist movement, he doesn't exactly want harm to befall on different ethnic groups, he just wants everyone to reside within their own countries and leave him alone. This is just like some African-American/Black Islamic groups who wish White people would've remained in Europe and never have enslaved their ancestors.

And yes, in response to a question you posted (somewhere), it IS odd that a black person can walk around with a "Black Pride" t-shirt on and nobody will do anything or think anything about it, yet if a white person did it, it would be considered racism on their end. Unfortunately, its just a product of past mistakes, events, and reparations. The world we live in is founded on the feet of our ancestors and their actions. Everyone knows the story of Africans being kidnapped/sold to become slaves in the new world, of the slavery and labor that had befallen these Africans, the Civil War over the issue of slavery, the Jim Crow era, the Civil Rights movement, and everyone knows about the racism that was exhibited by some select police officers in major cities such as New York City or Los Angeles. Because of the past, the world we live in allows for Black people to be proud of their heritage and show public signs of this, yet the same is not true for Whites. Thats just the way it is.

You'd be happy to know though, that some prominent, successful African-Americans (such as actors Morgan Freeman and Sir Sidney Poitier, various college professors and writers) criticize movements such as Black History month.

Taken from Wikipedia and 60 Minutes

"I don't want a black history month. Black history is American history." He says the only way to end racism is to stop talking about it, and he notes that there is no "white history month." Freeman once said on an interview with 60 Minutes' Mike Wallace: "I am going to stop calling you a white man and I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man

The native americans lost their land by being conquered, it no longer belongs to them, as with all other territory. I, and everyone in history will acknowledge the existence of concentration camps, but, will not ever acknowledge the holocaust, it is simply impossible that it even happend, there is no evidence of gas chambers, and the 6million number was based on lots of different problems.

Guest Cranium

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Phoenix2 @ Apr 20 2007, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I think this is the fastest growing topic I have ever seen on our forums. Good job Cranium! wub.gif

Thanks!!! wub.gif

Sign in to follow this