Sign in to follow this  
Jungle Fever

Garry's Mod Won't Launch

Haven't been home in a month, so I haven't played since new updates.

Originally tried connecting to GMOD and received the error stating that I could not connect to the Steam Network. I fished around the internet and saw others were having the problem as well since the latest update. After a couple of restarts/validations and stuff, I was able to connect to steam. However, when I tried to launch Gmod, the preparing launch box came up, but the game did not. I have verified the integrity of the game cache and defragged it, but unfortunately I have the same problem. Preparing to launch box pops up, disappears, and no game launches.

Counter Strike Source still launches, and my steam says "Last played today", so it it showing up as if it has already launched, but it is not working.

Anyone experiencing this problem as well/have any fixes?

Edited by Jungle Fever

Yeah that happened to me brah,you may have to wait til Garry makes a update to fix it IF a update or ingame coding made it were it wont load OR you have to uninstall it/reinstall it.

*Yeah Gmod did Update today,really short if you ask me.And it was working today so the Update broke Gmod for the people that left and came back to Steam.Those who stayed it didnt break AND I've found out that it still works for them even Updating and stuff,so I dunno it broke for MOST people.

Edited by Timeassassin103

It's not just Garry's Mod I think, My TF2 won't launch either, probably since the Christmas update for it broke GMod for it too.

You maybe right,my TF2 was updating out of nowhere and I don't think it was updating since it was doing the same thing with Gmod,but validating everytime.So yeah you have to wait til Garry makes a new update to fix the new update that is causing the problem.