Sign in to follow this  
Illogical

is it dead yet?

We need to come up with ideas to get more people on the server because right now, I haven't bumped into a single person except blitz or tappeddarkman on the server and I'm logged in all day since nothing is fucking going on during summer. Can we start suggesting possible mods for sg? Because vanilla is clearly not getting enough people interested in our server. I feel like right now I'm playing single player in a multiplayer world.

Really though, if we had some big ol' faction battles, and mcmmo, could be a really fun time.

Edit: and that mod where you can make the books to go to different worlds, and then make your own, seems reaaaaaallllyy cool!

Edited by MiniDude22

Ive played on many servers that have started to die because vanilla minecraft begins to get bland

A good option is of course Factions or Towny, Factions is more PvP friendly while towny forces people to group together more.

I enjoy factions more personally ;)

Also, you could have a modded server with the basic technical mods like IC2, Buildcraft, Redpower, etc (much more annoying than a normal server)

More exciting and ALOT to do though with updates and initial joining its a pain

If you do this option, post a download link to a zip file with the required files for easy download and stuff otherwise your going to have a ton of posts about install issues or something of the sort ;P

Also, with mods you have to either: Find a bukkit port or do it yourself, there is often one out there

And updates take a while...

Dealing with conflicts (Config and code) is a bit of a pain but doable

Essay done :P

TL;DR - Towny/Factions or Mods is my suggestion

It sucks both of those mods are singleplayer minecraft only :/. I agree that a technical mystcraft server would be very neat to have.

Edited by Blitz_9100

So I have wanted to put factions on for a while, so that is going on.

mcmmo I don't know about, we had talks about it before that went both ways, somepeople really wanted it, while others hated it... I will look into it again though.

I agree 100% that stock minecraft gets boring after a while, but unless we can get our population on the main server up I don't think we can have a 2nd, modded server...

If you have plugin suggestions (not mods) then keep them comming, I will look at anything :D

no comment....

What do you care? Aren't you banned for hacking?

I will allways care, but what i want to say wont be liked so. . .

no comment..

it would be lovly to play sg's mc.

But you don't care enough that you hacked?