Sign in to follow this  
MrCoolness

Make an exception for the term Negro, it is not a racist term.

Evidence:

8GMyB.png

8aVUM.png

The first source is from the infoplease thesauraus, the second source is from thesaurus.com.

Links:

http://thesaurus.com/browse/black

http://thesaurus.infoplease.com/negro

I have also checked my local dictionary and have confirmed that the word is only in reference of a person in color in no derogatory sense.

I am currently writing an E-mail and sending by post to my local government to confirm these facts. Please fight for this cause, thank you.

Spike supports you.

W5m9M.jpg

You can't really reclaim this word... If you're not Spanish or Hispanic or are from a Spanish speaking country, the use of the word "Negro" is kind of frowned upon.

It kinda sucks, when you think about it, everyone in the world is racist again Black people.

l0l

I make so many racist jokes about black people....BUT IT'S OK GUYS, BECAUSE I'M MIXED.

Why dont you just say black? All you are doing is saying black in spanish/spanish denomination, but you aren't spanish. Even if you were spanish, negro can still be used as a racist term, in french the word for black is "noir" but they still use "negre" when being racist.

So as you can see, unless this is a spanish server with a 24/7 spanish speaking community and a well-known relaxed opinion concerning equal rights and freedoms for everybody regardless of skin/race/religion, it won't fly. Even if that community existed, they'd still recognize that saying negro can be easily used for racism and would probably condemn its over-usage.

ITT: People asking for a loophole to be racist

Punitive action is up to the rest of you.

EDIT: From now on I'm calling every black person a blackamoor.

Edited by SmittyWerbenjagermanjensen

I remember making my Combat Arms name Negrodamaus.

I got banned for hacking over the name, and I didn't get banned for months.

Good times..

Edited by Rune

I remember making my Combat Arms name Negrodamaus.

I got banned for hacking over the name, and I didn't get banned for months.

Good times..

Negrodamus is my spiritual guide. <3 Paul Mooney

How is Negro racist... who even banned him for saying it? I don't even.

Black isn't racist; it's probably a more accurate description than calling someone "African American." Blackness has evolved into its own culture in the US. The umbrella term of "African American" is stupid, because it excludes people who are Black, but who do not have African ancestry (e.g., Haitians, Jamaicans), and excludes White Africans.

P.S. - Sorry for being late to the party Marmac.

Even if you were spanish, negro can still be used as a racist term, in french the word for black is "noir" but they still use "negre" when being racist.

Cracker is a racist term. BAN ALL TALK OF SNACKS.

How is Negro racist... who even banned him for saying it? I don't even.

Black isn't racist; it's probably a more accurate description than calling someone "African American." Blackness has evolved into its own culture in the US. The umbrella term of "African American" is stupid, because it excludes people who are Black, but who do not have African ancestry (e.g., Haitians, Jamaicans), and excludes White Africans.

P.S. - Sorry for being late to the party Marmac.

Good one. Never gave that a deeper thought.

Sign in to follow this