Sign in to follow this  
Toxygen

DotA 2 In-Game Store

I'm glad they are keeping ALL heroes F2P, and not doing a stupid weekly rotation. The cosmetic item sets are pretty interesting too, for those who want to show off their e-p$$n. I'm wondering how they will expand the lore with this "store" however.

They have this in LoL and Smite, and it never bothered me. I never gave a second though to people using skins. Also, valve would never be stupid enough to let this affect gameplay or be pay-to-win. If that was the case, TF2 would be.

It would simply be stupid of them to do so. Games like this are like marketing for valve, like, again, TF2 - really really high quality, free game that isn't pay to win, all you have to do is be on steam to play it - and steam doesn't really have much of a cut of the MOBA pie, aside from Rise of Immortals, and really, who plays rise of immortals?

Valve would make far more money just attracting players to the game and therefore to steam, which in turn has them, well, on steam, and once that happens they will have sales and games shoved in their face, so, $ happens.