Sign in to follow this  
Waylon

Military

ive honestly thought about joining the military a lot of times. Im a pretty smart guy, and i have pretty good self-discipline and i have thought that the millitary could build upon that, but then i think about how much i hate giving up the comforts of home and such, that there is no way i would last in the desert for 2 years. I really dont know what i would do in the military anyways, im the kinda good at everything, master of nothing kinda guy. That and losing appendages is a big turn off for me. My friends that went to iraq all came back different people, like they got the life sucked outta them, most shit doesnt effect me, but then i think i couldnt handle stuff.

can you explain to these people what unconventional warfare is? I served 4 years in the Marines and did that sort of work during the Afgan scenario. btw what branch of the military were you? what rank?

I got my way up to captain, even graduated from AMU in west virginia when I got out. Now I manage and co-own a landscaping company in maine.

Wow, thats my second choice of what I wan to do If I dont go to UTI haha

I have a question about the ROTC, and if your the lowest officer how much are you making + if you do go into the ROTC, airforce or navy???

Honestly I don't know much about ROTC, but what I do know is as a o-1 2nd Lt. you make about 2400 a month not including BAH and BAS which is about another 1200. Are you in High School or college?

ive honestly thought about joining the military a lot of times. Im a pretty smart guy, and i have pretty good self-discipline and i have thought that the millitary could build upon that, but then i think about how much i hate giving up the comforts of home and such, that there is no way i would last in the desert for 2 years. I really dont know what i would do in the military anyways, im the kinda good at everything, master of nothing kinda guy. That and losing appendages is a big turn off for me. My friends that went to iraq all came back different people, like they got the life sucked outta them, most shit doesnt effect me, but then i think i couldnt handle stuff.

I think I could file people that come back from Iraq in 3 categories. Those who go nuts. Those who are fine. And those who struggle to deal with it but live on just the same. Most people are the last one.

yeah. It changes you because of combat.You experience something movies and books can't explain. Its crazy, and it takes a certain person to be able to do it. I feel as though I've accomplished the fight to live, but thats it. I don't feel I helped Iraqi's. The average kill rate in my company was 98 per soldier. That will mess up some people, but don't forget, joining the military is an act of selfless service, not to benefit from it. The benefits are moral not money.