Sign in to follow this  
Waylon

Military

what about if your in iraq, get your knees blown off. you come back, and you cant get a job. where your future then?

you get hella benefits from the VA and not to mention a lump sum from the Army, and pretty much get a vehicle and house with huge discounts. You would end up getting probably around 4000 a month for the rest of your life from the VA, and you could get SSI as well. Not only that you could work a desk job at home or in a office if you chose to, and it wouldn't effect your VA disability.

military has been apart of my families lifestyle for years. My father was in vietnam and his father was in ww2 along with his uncles. My nephew who is 21, yes i said nephew, is in the marine corp and has been in iraq 1 time so far. my sister is in the airforce, of 712 graduates at the lackland afb in texas, of all men and women she graduated number 1 with both intelligence and physical fitness. Me, what branch, i dont know, but military is coming my way. I have been shooting rifles since i was 5 years old, i am currently 15 and am one of the top junior competetive marksmen in minnesota. my uncle has worked in balistics engineering and research for years and has taught me much about precice accuracy. he has entered me in shooting competitions since i was 12. the week after he passed away about a month ago, i won a cross country-ski sport rifle shooting event. I used to use a 1958 remingon fieldmaster 572 pump action .22 rifle for my shooting but my dad bought me an ar-15 so i can shoot in higher ranks, since then i have won a 549.95$ EoTech sight and verticle "broom handle" grip. with this skill i hope that i can excell in the military knowing i can hit almost anything i come up against.

True words

But seriously mayhem, iv been an army brat my whole life, they pay real good, and take care of everything else (medical etc)

If it werent for the army I wouldnt have a nice 52" tv playing my ps3 games, now that says something...

No, it doesn't. It is possible to take out loans you know. And if you really wanna go down that path, I have a 56 inch TV so I guess corporate jobs pay better.

And no, the Army does not pay good.

military has been apart of my families lifestyle for years. My father was in vietnam and his father was in ww2 along with his uncles. My nephew who is 21, yes i said nephew, is in the marine corp and has been in iraq 1 time so far. my sister is in the airforce, of 712 graduates at the lackland afb in texas, of all men and women she graduated number 1 with both intelligence and physical fitness. Me, what branch, i dont know, but military is coming my way. I have been shooting rifles since i was 5 years old, i am currently 15 and am one of the top junior competetive marksmen in minnesota. my uncle has worked in balistics engineering and research for years and has taught me much about precice accuracy. he has entered me in shooting competitions since i was 12. the week after he passed away about a month ago, i won a cross country-ski sport rifle shooting event. I used to use a 1958 remingon fieldmaster 572 pump action .22 rifle for my shooting but my dad bought me an ar-15 so i can shoot in higher ranks, since then i have won a 549.95$ EoTech sight and verticle "broom handle" grip. with this skill i hope that i can excell in the military knowing i can hit almost anything i come up against.

I would consider that a little early at 5, but congrats on winning. Shit happens in the military, you can still be killed even if you were the best marksman in the world.

well it was a .22 calibur, with my dad. ive won quite a few competitions and shooting events. im sure ive shot just as many if not more types of weapons with my uncle before he passed away than most people here, he was always testing new bullet grains and studying bullet trojectory? did i say it right? well most of the weapons are open to test shoot. so once in a blue moon or hairy ass id get to go out to where my uncle was.

Project your obviously afraid of the military and its fine. This forum was for people thinking of joining the military or have and want real answers. I can tell you a lot of the Air Force and the Army. Fox could tell you about the Marines. The navy I know little about but some. There are great opportunities for people. Are you going to be that person that says when they are 60 that they wish they did more with themselves and seen more things?

Project your obviously afraid of the military and its fine. This forum was for people thinking of joining the military or have and want real answers. I can tell you a lot of the Air Force and the Army. Fox could tell you about the Marines. The navy I know little about but some. There are great opportunities for people. Are you going to be that person that says when they are 60 that they wish they did more with themselves and seen more things?

Yes I'm afraid of the military that is excactly why I HAVE THOUGHT OF JOINING IT. I even had a discussion with bios about the Marines. My cousin married a Marine and I have talked to him about it as well, he even showed me one of his pins as he just got his uniform cleaned(Expert markmanship btw).

All I said was that the Army DOES not pay good. Which is true.

If your pay relies on 100k a year I think you'll be disappointed in the long run. In my "opinion" the Marines is a bad outfit in the sense they fuck there guys. They get shitty gear and vehicles. I remember when I was in Sadr City, a city of 2.5 million people and then Fallujah a city of 250k. The marines were getting owned because their chain of command sends them in on LMTV's and fucking dump trucks. I couldn't believe the shit I've seen. I don't believe the Army is better than the Marines and vice versa but I do believe they get fucked the most and the Govt sees them as the most expendable. What job do you see yourself doing or want to do?

If your pay relies on 100k a year I think you'll be disappointed in the long run. In my "opinion" the Marines is a bad outfit in the sense they fuck there guys. They get shitty gear and vehicles. I remember when I was in Sadr City, a city of 2.5 million people and then Fallujah a city of 250k. The marines were getting owned because their chain of command sends them in on LMTV's and fucking dump trucks. I couldn't believe the shit I've seen. I don't believe the Army is better than the Marines and vice versa but I do believe they get fucked the most and the Govt sees them as the most expendable. What job do you see yourself doing or want to do?

You realize the Marines do the dirty work right lol? The Marine I was talking about earlier told me how they send the Marines in and then the Army basically just "cleans up".

I have lived in 3 countries and seen at least 12 different ones in my 15, almost 16 year lifespan, without ever being involved in the military. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do, I was thinking something in marine biology or the sciences, the Marines or Navy, or some kind of business job, and possibly maybe even an advertising company. (Graphics and such).

Lawl at the Army just cleans up. You should get your facts together before you even tough that topic. If you want all honesty on that, the Army goes in first. You have Special Forces, and Delta Force, and now they have a new Asymmetric Warfare Group that is getting to be leet. Marines go in first LAWL. Most Marines I've met are cocky little fucks that say that shit because they get militarized. Two things, I don't lie, and I would never steer anyone in the wrong direction. I will joke about things and fib but when it comes to seriousness I won't lie.

Lawl at the Army just cleans up. You should get your facts together before you even tough that topic. If you want all honesty on that, the Army goes in first. You have Special Forces, and Delta Force, and now they have a new Asymmetric Warfare Group that is getting to be leet. Marines go in first LAWL. Most Marines I've met are cocky little fucks that say that shit because they get militarized. Two things, I don't lie, and I would never steer anyone in the wrong direction. I will joke about things and fib but when it comes to seriousness I won't lie.

Are you trying to flame me? You are insulting me because I quoted something a guy I know said? And unless you can provide evidence it isn't a fact anyways.

Well project for one is wasn't flaming, it was stating, your the one who said the Marines do the dirty work.I've been in the more combat then any unit in history for consecutive days, I've been up for 4 days straight, running missions, slept in piss, had brain matter on my leg, and have seen pretty much as bad as it gets. Two, you can't provide certain facts because of things such as opsec. Army guys will tell you they are better, Marines will do the same. Its what appeals to you. Don't listen to people when they say one is better. Shit pisses me off. If you want to be in a scientific field I would advise Air Force or Army. Marines you can't pick your job. They pick it for you. Recruiters will tell you they can put in a word to get you jobs but they can't.

Well project for one is wasn't flaming, it was stating, your the one who said the Marines do the dirty work.I've been in the more combat then any unit in history for consecutive days, I've been up for 4 days straight, running missions, slept in piss, had brain matter on my leg, and have seen pretty much as bad as it gets. Two, you can't provide certain facts because of things such as opsec. Army guys will tell you they are better, Marines will do the same. Its what appeals to you. Don't listen to people when they say one is better. Shit pisses me off. If you want to be in a scientific field I would advise Air Force or Army. Marines you can't pick your job. They pick it for you. Recruiters will tell you they can put in a word to get you jobs but they can't.

Dude I mean like get a degree in science not after the military. But you cannot say the Army goes first unless you provide evidence.

. What job do you see yourself doing or want to do?

two more years and ill be a history teacher. four more years ill be historical analyst. from there i can be a profesor at a college, or i can be a historian working along side archaeologist. as a first year analyst ill be making 60,000 a year. as a teacher i wont be making much, but ill be doing what i love. molding the chitlens minds for the future.

Dude I mean like get a degree in science not after the military. But you cannot say the Army goes first unless you provide evidence.

Who said who goes in first? Go do some research. SF is everywhere first. Thats an obvious

Meh. I dont need the military.

Theres a bunch of free federal money for college and theres low interest student loans. I'd rather go to school for 20 years, get a PhD and a bunch of degrees and own the world instead of coming back from Iraq with minimal education, no legs, and living off $60k a year.

Guest Fohacidal
Meh. I dont need the military.

Theres a bunch of free federal money for college and theres low interest student loans. I'd rather go to school for 20 years, get a PhD and a bunch of degrees and own the world instead of coming back from Iraq with minimal education, no legs, and living off $60k a year.

Ignorance, you know nothing of how the military, or retiring in the military works.

Guest some fag

5 is a little young to be firing a gun? Are you kidding, Project? Shooting is fun and if you teach your kids good habits early on with firearms, they will come to respect them more as an adult.

I dont care. Education = power.

Organized education is overrated. Take someone with street and commonsense smarts and then take a guy thats been in school the last 24 years of his life. You have experienced with numerous skills and the ability to learn more, fast. Then you have someone who thinks he is a know it all because he has his masters or phd. I have no degree yet I've done and see a lot of things. Probably more than any of you.

can you explain to these people what unconventional warfare is? I served 4 years in the Marines and did that sort of work during the Afgan scenario. btw what branch of the military were you? what rank?

I got my way up to captain, even graduated from AMU in west virginia when I got out. Now I manage and co-own a landscaping company in maine.

5 is a little young to be firing a gun? Are you kidding, Project? Shooting is fun and if you teach your kids good habits early on with firearms, they will come to respect them more as an adult.

Yes I do think it is to early because kids might get curious and start trying to shoot their dad's guns when they aren't around.

Organized education is overrated. Take someone with street and commonsense smarts and then take a guy thats been in school the last 24 years of his life. You have experienced with numerous skills and the ability to learn more, fast. Then you have someone who thinks he is a know it all because he has his masters or phd. I have no degree yet I've done and see a lot of things. Probably more than any of you.

-sigh-

There are different things you can be smart at (street smarts, music smarts, math smarts, etc). Yes, you have street smarts, but that doesn't mean you're necessarily smarter OR more experienced than someone else who has been in school for 24 years (holy fuck, 24 years?! did he get like 5 PhDs?).

And yeah, odds are you have seen a lot of things, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're "smarter" than all of us, either.

-sigh-

There are different things you can be smart at (street smarts, music smarts, math smarts, etc). Yes, you have street smarts, but that doesn't mean you're necessarily smarter OR more experienced than someone else who has been in school for 24 years (holy fuck, 24 years?! did he get like 5 PhDs?).

And yeah, odds are you have seen a lot of things, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're "smarter" than all of us, either.

well you figure from a child until graduation of high school, and then to include a bachelors, master and perhaps a phd would mount up to 24 years. Lol. I never said 24 years of post high school. Mind Spring---- you are in Maine??? Nice, me too! Unconventional Warfare is pretty much war fought through propaganda and politics. Its not an 'ordinary war' like world wars or civil wars. They are wars like Vietnam or Iraq, fought through bullshit religions and the people believing peace and stability such as Democracy won't ever work. Iraq is a perfect example of Unconventional Warfare.