Sign in to follow this  
Waylon

Military

Or I could start early and rise the ranks of a company...

but companies can fold, and many companies don't offer you free medical and housing which is huge savings, not to mention while your active you can go to college for free, and then once you retire with some top secret clearance and back into the civilian world you can get a job for a Gov't agency and get awesome benefits while your living on retirement and your employment income. If done the research, and this is the best route unless you win the lottery or come from rich parents and feel your better than the people in the military. The military and Gov't won't fold, even in a depression.

but companies can fold, and many companies don't offer you free medical and housing which is huge savings, not to mention while your active you can go to college for free, and then once you retire with some top secret clearance and back into the civilian world you can get a job for a Gov't agency and get awesome benefits while your living on retirement and your employment income. If done the research, and this is the best route unless you win the lottery or come from rich parents and feel your better than the people in the military. The military and Gov't won't fold, even in a depression.

The military doesn't pay shit.

Guest cc90z
How old are you?!

17, starting a 20 year career in the airforce.

The military doesn't pay shit.

Actually it does. If you are say an E-5 you get like 4500 a month, and thats not including specialty pay, or deployments or bonuses. Theres so much that you don't know about it. Look into your options. Everyone start posting what you would like to do for a job in the future or now.

Actually it does. If you are say an E-5 you get like 4500 a month, and thats not including specialty pay, or deployments or bonuses. Theres so much that you don't know about it. Look into your options. Everyone start posting what you would like to do for a job in the future or now.

My cousin's husband is in the Marines and I can tell you he doesn't make very much for what he does.

screw the army the games are enough for. I dont want to die in iraq because of retarded bush.

You realize Bush's democratic adversary in his 2nd run for office, Kerry, was also for the war in Iraq?

Guest Fohacidal
screw the army the games are enough for. I dont want to die in iraq because of retarded bush.

Lawl @ politically ignorant answers

Plus Bush isnt in office for much long...

Going for a Ph.D in social psych or clinical psych, not sure yet.

Options are pretty wide for those, but in keeping with the spirit of the thread I could probably get a job in the VA system VERY easily after I finish grad school.

Regardless of our false reasons for touching down in Iraq, we needed to liberate the people. If you could see with your own eyes the poverty, and disease and no way of survival without being raped or beaten, starved,etc. We had to help them and you can ask any level headed joe. As for the marines, I am not familiar with their salary, but it can't be far off from the Army if not the same. If he doesn't not make 4000+ for being a Sgt. theres something wrong there.

Regardless of our false reasons for touching down in Iraq, we needed to liberate the people. If you could see with your own eyes the poverty, and disease and no way of survival without being raped or beaten, starved,etc. We had to help them and you can ask any level headed joe. As for the marines, I am not familiar with their salary, but it can't be far off from the Army if not the same. If he doesn't not make 4000+ for being a Sgt. theres something wrong there.

Well I don't know if he is a Seargent..but I know he is a Marine.

Guest some fag
heres a vid of my unit back in 2004

http://youtube.com/watch?v=f9o5kqHZ9mA

Wow, nice video, but I'm surprised thats getting away on YouTube... Considering the mangled and charred corpses thats shown... Really, while I hate what they are fighting for (the Iraqis), I hope they at least didn't suffer very long... I mean, no matter who you are, suffering sucks, and what they are doing to captured soldiers and such is unacceptable, but still...

...you mean, liberate them by doing the same shit to them in slightly lesser quantities?

Let me guess, your a know it all? Get you facts straight before you know what it is your talking about. Somethings aren't real and are stories to cover certain shit up which does a hell of a job because everyone falls for it, every time. Lesser quantities? Granted the world is full of morons and dip shits who have no morals and no values that can sometimes make a whole look bad just because of a piece. Know your facts, and recognize how bad they really had it, and how they've come a long way.

Let me guess, your a know it all? Get you facts straight before you know what it is your talking about. Somethings aren't real and are stories to cover certain shit up which does a hell of a job because everyone falls for it, every time. Lesser quantities? Granted the world is full of morons and dip shits who have no morals and no values that can sometimes make a whole look bad just because of a piece. Know your facts, and recognize how bad they really had it, and how they've come a long way.

Nah, just someone who doesn't blindly believe everything that's spoon fed to me by the Bush Administration and Fox News. I think a more accurate description would be "critical thinker."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/07/09/soldiers...rged/index.html

http://ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=36781

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17276371/

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/22/world/mi...amp;oref=slogin

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa36..._n17171128/pg_1

Look, I could go on and list articles for quite some time, but since I doubt you'll even read more than one of these, I'm gonna stop. We raped THOUSANDS of women in the Vietnam War, and, let's face it, this could be easily be called another Vietnam War. Several friends of mine who went to Iraq have also told me stories that they had seen or heard about their fellow soldiers, and also directed me to the VAIW site, as they have some great sources straight from the soldiers themselves.

I know how bad they had it, and I know how bad they DO have it. Since the American occupation of Iraq, they have to worry about American forces or Iraqi police coming to rape them, rather than Saddam's rape squads. They have to worry about insurgents bombing them to make a message to the Americans, something entirely new. The American forces have increased sectarian violence, while Saddam at least had it a little more controlled.

So have they come a long way? Hell no. It was more stable under Saddam Hussein. Sorry, makes it seem like you served there in vain, but those are the facts.

You obviously don't know anything of Iraq's history. There were more than rape squads. Saddam was a dictator who murdered or had people murdered for no reason. I've been to Iraq and spoken with many Iraqi people, and I've heard their stories. As for our troops raping people, there are rapist everywhere. That is something you cannot control because its a sickness in fucked up "individuals". As for media and propaganda, you don't know anything until your there. Get a grip on reality and stop living in your hate fed world.

As for 4-5000 grand a month, thats some good money I think. If you think your going to be some six figure corporate guy, good luck.

Guest Fohacidal

True words

But seriously mayhem, iv been an army brat my whole life, they pay real good, and take care of everything else (medical etc)

If it werent for the army I wouldnt have a nice 52" tv playing my ps3 games, now that says something...

Guest Fohacidal
You obviously don't know anything of Iraq's history. There were more than rape squads. Saddam was a dictator who murdered or had people murdered for no reason. I've been to Iraq and spoken with many Iraqi people, and I've heard their stories. As for our troops raping people, there are rapist everywhere. That is something you cannot control because its a sickness in fucked up "individuals". As for media and propaganda, you don't know anything until your there. Get a grip on reality and stop living in your hate fed world.

As for 4-5000 grand a month, thats some good money I think. If you think your going to be some six figure corporate guy, good luck.

not to mention how he would continually bomb towns with nerve gas etc. killing off everyone

To say Iraq was under control before we entered is a product of military and political ignorance. Statistically anyway Canadian troops have raped more women then american troops in Iraq, and them having less soldiers stationed over there to... hm interesting