Sign in to follow this  
UnknownLegend

Guys, seriously.

If you don't already have one, ATTACH AN AUTHENTICATOR TO YOUR ACCOUNT.

Ctark, Sketch, and Nipon have all been hacked, and ctark reports finding a java exploit in his browser cache. Some people suspect that the Diablo Wiki might be compromised.

As for joining public games-- it's most likely safe, according to Blizzard. They can't "session spoof" or use a third party program to hack you just because you joined them, again according to Blizzard. I've been in and out of public games for the past 4 days without a problem.

No-one with an authenticator has been hacked yet, so save yourself the headache and GET ONE. I just use the mobile app; it's free and easy to set up.

^ This.

I've been hacked via WoW many times, so I finally attached it for free with my Ipod touch. Ezpz and you're pretty much guaranteed to not get hacked.

I have been hacked on WoW a few times. A0s for diablo 3 friends have seen me online in game when I wasnt even online sounds legit to download this app.

Uhhhhhhhhh, were they playing with randoms in a public game? Not sure if this is true but

An exploit was discovered by duplicating a session ID. Basically, if you join a public game with people, they can view your session ID and spoof it to login as you without need for a password or email or anything.

The thread got instantly locked by a blue, if that says anything. Not entirely sure if that's true, but just to be safe, don't play with randoms.

Uhhhhhhhhh, were they playing with randoms in a public game? Not sure if this is true but

An exploit was discovered by duplicating a session ID. Basically, if you join a public game with people, they can view your session ID and spoof it to login as you without need for a password or email or anything.

The thread got instantly locked by a blue, if that says anything. Not entirely sure if that's true, but just to be safe, don't play with randoms.

Strange part is I never played a public game, only people I have played with are klark and ghost...

I am pretty sure I, at least, didn't fall for a phishing scam, so I really do not know how they could have gotten access to my account.

For those interested the events went kinda like this:

Ctark is happily playing D3

Ctark gets logged out with message: "you have been disconnected from battle.net because your account has logged in from another computer"

Ctark say WTF? bug maybe?

Ctark re-logs in

45 seconds later, same message.

Ctark goes to battle.net to change passwords right away.

Ctark can't log in as password has been changed.

Basically in the span of less than 2 minutes they will log in, change your password, and then have someone join your game, take all your gold, and if you are a high level I would assume take your items.

Strange part is I never played a public game, only people I have played with are klark and ghost...

I am pretty sure I, at least, didn't fall for a phishing scam, so I really do not know how they could have gotten access to my account.

Ctark gets logged out with message: "you have been disconnected from battle.net because your account has logged in from another computer"

Ctark re-logs in

Basically in the span of less than 2 minutes they will log in, change your password, and then have someone join your game, take all your gold, and if you are a high level I would assume take your items.

Good thing if you contact support, they will reimburse lost gold and items.

Hackers on Blizzard games are creepily good at what they do. For most games in order to not get hacked all you have to do is not be a total idiot. I've had my WoW account hacked within 3 days of subscribing with a fresh install. I hated shelling out the money for an authenticator, but it's really needed.

My brother got my account hacked last year, so to apologize he bought me one of the key chain authenticators. It works pretty well too,9 numbers is far too many for my tiny head.

Edited by Wintergreen

It was probably locked because people who say that shit are fucking stupid, and they're just hopping onto a bandwagon. 1) If they're duping a session ID, they can't change your password. 2) Blizzard looked into it, and said that not only is it not happening, it's not technologically possible.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4309703662

Hackers on Blizzard games are creepily good at what they do. For most games in order to not get hacked all you have to do is not be a total idiot. I've had my WoW account hacked within 3 days of subscribing with a fresh install. I hated shelling out the money for an authenticator, but it's really needed.

It seems more like Blizzard is just bad at securing their software. I doubt highly that the lead hackers in the world have decided to focus their efforts on hacking Battle.net logins.

Ctark re-logs in

Good thing if you contact support, they will reimburse lost gold and items.

If only...

They will do a "roll-back" so every 24 hours or so they save a snapshot of your account, for me I would have lost 7 levels, and all my current items...

They don't just reimburse you for what you lost, so if you played for like 18 hours that one day, you are fucked...

granted, if you are a high level and lost millions of gold worth of items, that would be different...

Also they only offer 2 rollbacks, ever. Another thing, once you do one rollback, you loose access to the real money auction house temporarily, and I believe after the 2nd rollback you loose it permanently. (might be the whole auction house though, not just the real money part, I can't remember)

Also they only offer 2 rollbacks, ever. Another thing, once you do one rollback, you loose access to the real money auction house temporarily, and I believe after the 2nd rollback you loose it permanently. (might be the whole auction house though, not just the real money part, I can't remember)

Source?

Source?

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/compromised-diablo-iii-account

ahaha, what a joke.

Guest sazzady belitatahss

Haven't bought an authenticator and I have no plans to.

Maybe one day.

Only have gotten hacked twice.

Haven't bought an authenticator and I have no plans to.

Maybe one day.

Only have gotten hacked twice.

You don't have to buy one, you just need a phone or something that has Applications and you can use that for it.

Also: Ahue, I was using World of Warcraft's restoration policy.. Which is ambiguous to me aside from the fact that I've done it over 10-15 times. Limits? Naah.

Edited by Rune

Sign in to follow this