Sign in to follow this  
Marvin

Jack Layton, leader of NDP

Passed away this morning.

Jack Layton was the leader of the Canadian political party NDP (New Democratic Party), which held the position of official opposition to the Conservative government after the most recent election.

Jack was a very respected man, even by those who did not agree with his politics. He died after a long battle with cancer at the age of 61.

Rest in peace, Jack Layton.

Jack_Layton.jpg

I have to say after reading that article jason, I saw a reply at the bottom, and it sums up everything I was going to say, perfectly.

Although I have not been an NDP supporter, I am deeply saddened by the loss of this tremendous advocate for justice. My sincere condolences go out to his family, and to the NDP party at this time. The fact that Jack Layton was able to reach out and embrace all Canadians irregardless of political leanings is a testimony to his generosity of spirit. May he be remembered for the conscience that he brought to the House of Commons.

He was a great person, also like to note that his riding was the one I have been in for years now, I knew him before he became popular, always liked him to be honest, not really a fan of the NDP, but of him as a whole.

This is a tragic day for Canadian Politics, thats for sure.

Though being the leader of the Conservatives, as well as a rival of Jack's, Stephen Harper says he regrets not having a jam session with Jack. That would have been the best. RIP Jack