Sign in to follow this  
Failsniper

title

The lags kinda funny

I can imagine millions of people getting their keyboards ready, on their favorite forum to say how shitty DoTA2 and Valve are. lol

Dammit! The game is still going but stream is still down! Follow the game by opening live stats.

EDIT: Also, for those of you who I got to and managed to sign up for the beta, the link has been taken down, so it appears that will be all they are accepting for the beta (At least for now).

The two games which I watched so far (MYM vs M5 and Navi vs Scythe) ended up in stomps but meh. As for the lags, my friend is one of DotA 2 beta testers and he says that the lags will be fixed.

First game was the best, hands down. iG vs EHOME was so close, but EHOME pulled it off in the end.

M5 vs MYM was also entertaining.

First game was the best, hands down. iG vs EHOME was so close, but EHOME pulled it off in the end.

M5 vs MYM was also entertaining.

lul, only because MYM GOT RAPED. I lol'd so hard @ drow

Yup, Valve has a dota2 youtube channel just for replays.

I'd skip the first replay tho...Its both chinese teams turtling and farming up their carries to max. Its a common strat I think for the Chineeeeeee pplz.

AI director? Like the one from L4D? That is insane...So you're telling me its not a person controlling the camera for the replay but an AI?

If it's a replay without a caster, then yeah it seems so.

edit: gg mineski game really picked up towards the end

would like to see a buyback limit implemented instead of the cooldown =/ oh well

EDIT2: In regards to the Autodirector (as it's officially called), a post from ElementUser from the HoN forums:

Demonstration:

From speculation, what we can observe from DotA2's Autodirector AI Camera are the following features:

When action is high, camera auto-focuses on:

Teamfights

Ganks

Tower Pushes (moreso when the towers are at lower HP values & with more units pushing the tower)

Rune Bottling

When the action is low:

Start of game: Focuses on early group-hero movements and lane compositions (will cycle as needed depending on priorities, not sure how this works yet)

Laning/Jungling: Will stay at a scene of creep killing for ~10-20 seconds before it switches to another scene or until more exciting actions are present in-game

Item-Buys for items past a certain gold threshold (usually recipe items)