Sign in to follow this  
skitt

Fly removal

WE, THE PLAYERS OF DEATHRUN, BELIEVE FLY IS WAY TOO OP AND SHOULD BE REMOVED. THAT IS ALL. THERE IS ALSO A POLL BECAUSE POLLS ARE FUN AND INTERESTING.

INVALID. THERE IS NO X TO VOTE ON.

/troll.

Anyway, yeah, remove it. Kinda lame when it glitches alot of maps out :/

this is highly abusive, period. even the slightest amount of time is used to gain and significant and dominant lead. it is simply over powered and should not be used.

Always gonna be people complaining about everything.

So you're saying that complaining about something that instantly wins the game for your opponents is illegitimate?...

What might work is to restrict Fly on certain maps where it gives CT's a massive advantage, and allow it on maps with low ceilings or things that prevent it from being OP.

In most cases it does send CT's to the end of the map though :\

So you're saying that complaining about something that instantly wins the game for your opponents is illegitimate?...

What might work is to restrict Fly on certain maps where it gives CT's a massive advantage, and allow it on maps with low ceilings or things that prevent it from being OP.

In most cases it does send CT's to the end of the map though :\

So? Who gives a fuck don't like it don't play. Might as well remove everything except drug and alcohol right? It all gives ct an advantage. Btw why was auto switch removed? Dont tell me someone bitch about that and got it removed.

So? Who gives a fuck don't like it don't play. Might as well remove everything except drug and alcohol right? It all gives ct an advantage. Btw why was auto switch removed? Dont tell me someone bitch about that and got it removed.

The difference between Fly and something like Longjump is that FLY LET'S CT'S WIN MOST MAPS AUTOMATICALLY. The best RTD's, longjump and lowgrav, still require skill to control.

RTD has always been something to turn the tide of a battle, not finish it.

I don't know what your motive is to want something entirely OP on the Server and then blatantly state that those that don't favor it simply are people that bitch too much, but even you most know it isn't a good thing to !rtd and then end the round, with the Terrorist being able to do absolutely nothing to stop it.

We played deathrun_lol earlier, Anyone with fly could just go straight up with nothing blocking them, and land on the top, and win.

If it's kept, maybe reduce the time on it?

I've never facepalm'd before. now i can i have

if we keep long jump, we might as well make a roll to teleport to the end, its cheap and ridiculous.

I've never facepalm'd before. now i can i have

if we keep long jump, we might as well make a roll to teleport to the end, its cheap and ridiculous.

The difference between Fly and something like Longjump is that FLY LET'S CT'S WIN MOST MAPS AUTOMATICALLY. The best RTD's, longjump and lowgrav, still require skill to control.

RTD has always been something to turn the tide of a battle, not finish it.

I don't know what your motive is to want something entirely OP on the Server and then blatantly state that those that don't favor it simply are people that bitch too much, but even you most know it isn't a good thing to !rtd and then end the round, with the Terrorist being able to do absolutely nothing to stop it.

Just remove rtd so people can stop bitching and just play regular dr

We played deathrun_lol earlier, Anyone with fly could just go straight up with nothing blocking them, and land on the top, and win.

If it's kept, maybe reduce the time on it?

It's only 2 maps that fly would be useful at deathrun_lol and deathrun_sonic

Just remove rtd so people can stop bitching and just play regular dr

Start making logical solutions, instead of writing off the entire system.

There are hundreds of deathrun maps that fly can allow CT's to skip the majority of traps/send them straight to the end, and they don't have to look vertical for this to happen.

@Cows Longjump can be OP, but it's still really easy to fly off a cliff with it, or into a hazard. Also something that could be restricted on certain maps

Um no.

More maps than that. You don't even need fly to beat _lol in about 30 seconds. That map is just beyond bad, due to the fact that low grav/long jump lets you skip ALL the traps except first level.

fly lets you bypass the entire map on one of the minecraft ones. Rooftops as well.

As Johnny said, fly let's ct's just beat maps nearly instantly. You do not need a ton of "fly" space at all. You just need to be decent with fly and avoid ladders.

this is highly abusive, period. even the slightest amount of time is used to gain and significant and dominant lead. it is simply over powered and should not be used.
first off, rtd's should not be more fair. if at all, there should be many more. making them fair is not the right way to go. keep the ones we have and add 15 more "powers."

rtd is not really meant to help the CTs, the Ts can use it too. rtd is meant to add variety. it is a voluntary, chance system that can fuck you over or help you beat the level. DR is not really about beating the Ts, is about completing the map.

sure it feels like the RTD right now is not fair, because it's not meant to be. the DR theme is not meant to be fair. if you don't like the idea of possiblly becoming a projectile explosive, then fuck off, don't RTD. when you RTD, you RTD.

fucking deal with it.

add more but don't balance out the powers.

That was before fly was added. RTD wasn't bad at all until Fly came in and CT's finished the map before any other CT got past the first 1 - 2 traps.

That was before fly was added. RTD wasn't bad at all until Fly came in and CT's finished the map before any other CT got past the first 1 - 2 traps.
making them fair is not the right way to go. keep the ones we have and add 15 more "powers."

The point still stands.

To those that believe nothing should be done about fly in its current state, think about this:

Fly enables people to bypass the whole map to the end on many maps. Deathrun is a fun gamemode in itself without RTD. RTD does add a nice twist and I enjoy it greatly. However, when you have the chance to bypass the whole GAMEMODE and end the round within seconds, it isn't playing the gamemode anymore, it is borderline griefing because you are affecting other's gameplay by ending rounds so quickly. If enough people are on at the time, the majority of rounds will have someone who RTD'd 'fly' the gamemode is literally depleted to a 1vs1 knife fight, bhop race, ect.(whatever other options there are at the end of other DR maps).

I'm not one to bitch about the RTD choices, but when it comes down making the gamemode unplayable, something needs to be done.

Sign in to follow this