Sign in to follow this  
Llethander

HoN Gone F2P

Didn't even realize we had a HoN sub-forum now. Well then, feel free to relocate this thread.

I also agree with pretty much everything you said. It's hard to compete with a game in the same genre when one is free and the other requires a purchase...

Gave it a play again yesterday for the first time since beta.

I played awful (3-6-5) but I can see the game is a nice little version of dota, I prefer it to league already. I just need to get familiar with the new skins, GUI and hotkeys.

For example I was playing QoP yesterday (wretched hag?) and they had a blood seeker. However I didn't know this and it took me 20 mins into the game to realise he was bloodseeker. And I kept hitting my dota hotkeys for QoP's skills instead of the QWER of HoN. I did think the game was good though and I think imma just have to play a bit more and get used to it, but for now I still prefer the original DotA. :3

I've never played it, but considering the fact that LoL is already so popular and that there's an average of 150,000 viewers on streams @ competitions, I don't think HoN will catch up to LoL.

Gave it a play again yesterday for the first time since beta.

I played awful (3-6-5) but I can see the game is a nice little version of dota, I prefer it to league already. I just need to get familiar with the new skins, GUI and hotkeys.

For example I was playing QoP yesterday (wretched hag?) and they had a blood seeker. However I didn't know this and it took me 20 mins into the game to realise he was bloodseeker. And I kept hitting my dota hotkeys for QoP's skills instead of the QWER of HoN. I did think the game was good though and I think imma just have to play a bit more and get used to it, but for now I still prefer the original DotA. :3

I would say one of the best things you can do for last hitting (not that you mentioned anything about it) is to go into bindings and set STOP AND HOLD to either F or D. makes lasthitting much more controlled and now the key doubles as a key to stop spells. Which, if you've ever blown your ult on Soulstealer/Nevermore accidentally, is a real nice thing to have >.<

I got reported for going 2-6 and saying Welcome to F2P. Then Kicked.

True Story.

Never Again.

yeah this sounds about right. lol'd heartily

I got reported for going 2-6 and saying Welcome to F2P. Then Kicked.

True Story.

Never Again.

You go 0-6 in LoL, so I guess that's an improvement.

I would say one of the best things you can do for last hitting (not that you mentioned anything about it) is to go into bindings and set STOP AND HOLD to either F or D. makes lasthitting much more controlled and now the key doubles as a key to stop spells. Which, if you've ever blown your ult on Soulstealer/Nevermore accidentally, is a real nice thing to have >.<

yeah this sounds about right. lol'd heartily

I'm ok at last hitting bro, I don't use stop I'm just used to clicking on the spot a lot :P

HoN is simply just dropping out of the competitive scene because S2 KNOWS that they won't be able to compete with Valve. I mean, c'mon, a $80K DotA2 tournament at Gamescon. I know a bunch of League fags are pretty complacent, but I'd say a large majority will give DotA2 a try.

HoN is simply just dropping out of the competitive scene because S2 KNOWS that they won't be able to compete with Valve. I mean, c'mon, a $80K DotA2 tournament at Gamescon. I know a bunch of League fags are pretty complacent, but I'd say a large majority will give DotA2 a try.

This. I'm a huge DotA fag and I'm definitely dropping HoN/LoL when DotA2 is released.

Pros: Alot more of my friends play HoN now.

Cons: Alot of people have no idea what they are doing, making me lose psr. Even when I play against verified only, I seem to queue up with about 4 of them.

Downside to the F2P is the tokens or game passes which only allow you to play a certain amount of games per day. Stupid shit

Along with the handful of champions you get.

Yeah, I agree, Salv.

The only champion I played well in Beta was Nymphora. She's not available unless I purchase her, which made me sad. D:

I usually play Casual Mode mainly cause normal makes people try hard.

On top of the F2P im glad its F2P so my friends can actually play it as well.

I played LoL but I personally don't like it compared to HoN cept S2 sucks balls most of the time.

Also played since beta so anyone wants to play just add me there or add me on steam and maybe we can play sometime.

Sign in to follow this