Sign in to follow this  
Masa

Obama's Grid-Lock

Kinda noticed. Especially when all they do is vote No on almost anything that was attempted to be passed.

I noticed that the day the day they were elected. It wasn't pretty.

Regardless, I know you have a hard feeling about their sentiment to vote no on everything, but you never know if it is for a good reason or not. Lately, they just are doing it for no real, legible/verbal reason.

In any case, what makes you think that anything a Democrat surmises or writes down could be beneficial to our already-weakened economy/country? (These are just questions that I want to ask so I can know you a little better politics-wise)

What makes you think that Republicans have nothing good to offer?

Are you against bi-partisanship?

Do you support raising taxes on the rich (businesses and people alike)?

Are you even concerned that Obama hypo-criticized his own statement of not raising the debt ceiling, a vow he said that would mean "a failure of the leadership of this country?"

When Democrats controlled both the House and Senate in 2009-late 2010, did anything they passed you feel was beneficial to our recessionized country/state of economy?

Do/did you support the Democrats/Obama blaming Bush for quite some time (I can't remember when that was, but I know they did that at some point)?

Also, I have to say that Michael Savage is a real conservative, although a little bit cacophonous. He even went as far as to call Bill O'Reilly "A Lepricon" and Hannity "A wallbanger." (I could have switched those around by mistake, but those are his true words). Oh, and I don't like Fox News either--it's too much blatant opinion spamming, not enough listening. I just go there to see some news and that's it; then I turn my T.V. off after I'm satisfied.

Do you support raising taxes on the rich (businesses and people alike)?

Are you even concerned that Obama hypo-criticized his own statement of not raising the debt ceiling, a vow he said that would mean "a failure of the leadership of this country?"

When Democrats controlled both the House and Senate in 2009-late 2010, did anything they passed you feel was beneficial to our recessionized country/state of economy?

Do/did you support the Democrats/Obama blaming Bush for quite some time (I can't remember when that was, but I know they did that at some point)?

Also, I have to say that Michael Savage is a real conservative, although a little bit cacophonous. He even went as far as to call Bill O'Reilly "A Lepricon" and Hannity "A wallbanger." (I could have switched those around by mistake, but those are his true words). Oh, and I don't like Fox News either--it's too much conservative, not enough listening. I just go there to see some news and that's it; then I turn my T.V. off after I'm satisfied.

Lets go down the list.

1. Repubs have constantly been a party of fearmongering and mudslinging of saying something but not doing anything. Also when you get down to just having to point out non-issues and make them into issues such as Obama's middle name, or resorting to calling names, you wonder why I don't have much faith in a side that acts like children when they don't get something they want. Which leads me to...

2. I'm not against bi-partisanship, but you can't have it when you have the repubs doing what I said in #1.

3. People need to pay their fair share of taxes. Sorry, but if you're earning more, you shouldn't be getting the highest breaks while the little man gets nothing all the time. Let the middle/lower build up from less taxation else you're just not helping your economy grow when you're taking out people from the equation.

4. I look at it this way. You have to do what you have to do. I'd prefer things being better regulated than just stalling out our borrowing though especially when they know this issue has been coming for a long time. I don't know how you jack up that high of a debt without wanting to not go towards the cap, but people don't look at that.

5. I know that they did pass a few bills and regulations that I did like but I can't name them off the top of my head. I'll gladly look them up tomorrow though and discuss them. Am I completely satisfied? No, but I enjoy the progress they have made more than what I see from the Right.

6. Bush is to blame for a decent bit of what's going on in the current economy. Though I don't go and just blame everything on him if something happens.

I agree people that talk on Fox aren't bright either, but there have been studies/polls/whatever that apparently found that Fox News viewers rank lowest on actual knowledge of what's going on with things. That's why I just change the station wherever I have to go cause unfortunately many places here run that station 24/7.

I noticed that the day the day they were elected. It wasn't pretty.

Regardless, I know you have a hard feeling about their sentiment to vote no on everything, but you never know if it is for a good reason or not. Lately, they just are doing it for no real, legible/verbal reason.

In any case, what makes you think that anything a Democrat surmises or writes down could be beneficial to our already-weakened economy/country? (These are just questions that I want to ask so I can know you a little better politics-wise)

Do not you support raising taxes on the rich (businesses and people alike)?

I would love to see your answers to these questions. But of course having the questions flipped. The highlighted questions: change the words to their counter parts and answer them. Dojima answered them similar to how I would answer these.

Lets go down the list.

1. Repubs have constantly been a party of fearmongering and mudslinging of saying something but not doing anything. Also when you get down to just having to point out non-issues and make them into issues such as Obama's middle name, or resorting to calling names, you wonder why I don't have much faith in a side that acts like children when they don't get something they want. Which leads me to...

2. I'm not against bi-partisanship, but you can't have it when you have the repubs doing what I said in #1.

3. People need to pay their fair share of taxes. Sorry, but if you're earning more, you shouldn't be getting the highest breaks while the little man gets nothing all the time. Let the middle/lower build up from less taxation else you're just not helping your economy grow when you're taking out people from the equation.

4. I look at it this way. You have to do what you have to do. I'd prefer things being better regulated than just stalling out our borrowing though especially when they know this issue has been coming for a long time. I don't know how you jack up that high of a debt without wanting to not go towards the cap, but people don't look at that.

5. I know that they did pass a few bills and regulations that I did like but I can't name them off the top of my head. I'll gladly look them up tomorrow though and discuss them. Am I completely satisfied? No, but I enjoy the progress they have made more than what I see from the Right.

6. Bush is to blame for a decent bit of what's going on in the current economy. Though I don't go and just blame everything on him if something happens.

I agree people that talk on Fox aren't bright either, but there have been studies/polls/whatever that apparently found that Fox News viewers rank lowest on actual knowledge of what's going on with things. That's why I just change the station wherever I have to go cause unfortunately many places here run that station 24/7.

1. Constantly, since when? Was such fear-mongering obvious during the Bush administration (talking about his 2000-2004, when they controlled both House and Senate, majority wise, and please do not tell about the wars)? Also, the Democrats/liberals of other stations/Congress have had their fair share of naming others and mocking them. Do you support that in any way?

2. Even when bi-partisanship does occur, sometimes the current Senate/House just shoots it down from the sky. Do you object to that? (Not talking about the Boehner Bill).

3. Nothing for this.

4. I don't understand your answer. Can you elaborate? I don't think you answered Obama's hypocrisy.

5. I wasn't asking if you liked them. I was asking if they helped the nation as a whole.

6. Ok, blame him, but do you feel that it was necessary to blame him for an (unspecified) amount of time? Because if you do believe it was justified, then it only goes to show the Repubs can do it, too. Either way, people have been insulting Bush since he was in office, so are you going to call those people "babies" and "immature brats" as well?

I also have a few more questions:

7. Obama has never had any beforehand business experience on how to run a business. Do you really believe that he knows how to help our economy? (Don't get me wrong, just because someone does not know how to run a business doesn't mean they can't do a good job in running a nation, but without the experience and the mistakes that business owners impose upon themselves, things get complicated as a result.)

8. Do you at least agree that both sides should stop fighting one another like little children? (NO. This DOES NOT mean the REPUBS are to BLAME ONLY. I'M TALKING BOTH SIDES.)

9. Do you object to the fact that Harry Reid's Bill would raise the debt ceiling without cutting any spending, which could likely mean that the Democrats would just go back to spending? (Source: Yahoo News; Associated Press).

10. Do you have any unfavorable remarks on the Democrats other than they aren't doing enough on this or that? You can't surely only be one-sided or view them as the utopia party. (NOTE: I don't favor the Repubs or the Dems right now, because, as question #8 points to, I feel that they aren't doing their jobs appropriately).

Just to not spam the thread up cause I know we'll be talking about this forever, I'm just going to answer the next three you asked. PM me to discuss the first six more, I'll type it up there.

I also have a few more questions:

7. Obama has never had any beforehand business experience on how to run a business. Do you really believe that he knows how to help our economy? (Don't get me wrong, just because someone does not know how to run a business doesn't mean they can't do a good job in running a nation, but without the experience and the mistakes that business owners impose upon themselves, things get complicated as a result.)

8. Do you at least agree that both sides should stop fighting one another like little children? (NO. This DOES NOT mean the REPUBS are to BLAME ONLY. I'M TALKING BOTH SIDES.)

9. Do you object to the fact that Harry Reid's Bill would raise the debt ceiling without cutting any spending, which could likely mean that the Democrats would just go back to spending? (Source: Yahoo News; Associated Press).

10. Do you have any unfavorable remarks on the Democrats other than they aren't doing enough on this or that? You can't surely only be one-sided or view them as the utopia party. (NOTE: I don't favor the Repubs or the Dems right now, because, as question #8 points to, I feel that they aren't doing their jobs appropriately).

7. The problem with this statement is that a general population of the government is not economically savvy. We could ideally have a president that knows the in's and outs of economics, writes up a bill that will cut down the budget and spending and it'll get lost in limbo with the rest because they don't understand some basic needs and sacrifices that are made when you have to do something with your money being spent. I know he's not a businessman, but a lot of others there are not helping when deals can't be made and no one is happy with what they have to get rid of for the better of a country. Also doesn't help that the largest section to cut from is something no one wants to touch: Military.

8. Yes. Nuff said about this.

9. Well, technically it would cut spending. Problem is that it wouldn't do much of anything since it'd apparently take a decade for any real sign of reduction. Always seems to take a decade for stuff to happen, though I'm sure they would easily cold turkey a few things, but there would be people complaining from both sides.

10. I would like to think that from my post before you know that I'm not Mr. Lefty Forever. I have my issues with them trust me, mostly with a lot of them not wanting to do a whole lot of fighting when they probabaly should. That and caving in way too much when something doesn't instantly go their way (case in point when they had majority of house and senate). I just see the right as not doing a good of a job as they can and waste too much time on playing political theatre instead of addressing a real issue.

We're fucked unless both sides quit being whiny assholes.

Fixed that, even though it was unnecessary.

Honestly, I lost faith in politics a while ago. It just became an arguing game after a while.

I honestly don't see why Congress does not get paid if they don't get a budget plan out on time. That's how California does it in their state government: Don't get a budget plan out on time, don't get your paycheck. Simple enough.