Sign in to follow this  
Kalaris

Homophobic Hate Speech

Guest Ethan1

Well I thought it was actually enforced but even some JCS use it on the forums so I guess it is a dead rule?

People really like to throw around "faggot" on the server. When I asked "racial slurs are forbidden but 'faggot' isn't?" I was told that (paraphrase) "I'm not using it at gay people I mean it as 'you're stupid' or you're a pussy.' I don't see how this is justifiable at all. I've seen admins tell people to shut the fuck up for dropping "nigger" but nobody says anything about "faggot" or its derivatives even though when I checked the global rules here it is not allowed.

Oh just stop being a faggot

Well I thought it was actually enforced but even some JCS use it on the forums so I guess it is a dead rule?
NOTE: Joint Chiefs hold the power to overide any of these rules and guidelines, and their decision is final. http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/showthread.php?t=11375

JCS basically don't need to follow them since they run the clan

jared im more or less refering to balth and the fact he wants to ignore this rule

I'm more or less referring to how you're a faggot. See:

I'm sorry if it offends anyone, but it's part of the way I talk. I can't help myself but when someone is being an idiot, I'll call them a faggot. I don't mean it as a derogative to gays but a curse to idiots.

I'm sorry but, I can say that I am actually gay and can say that if someone calls me a faggot, I could care less because words, on the internet in particular, have no real weight on how I go about my day. Sure, people do at times intend for it to be a spiteful towards me, but I have yet to care because their opinion instantly deteriorates as I quickly come to care less about their opinion.

My point is through all of my redundancy being that: If you're gay and you're not shamed in admitting it, words that are meant to upset you, should not. Instead you should probably forget about what they have to say considering it's probably nothing of value, and continue on with your own day.

On the part where it is used to refer to stupidity.. Well, yes, I will admit to saying it myself in the same contextual manner when referring to someone that proves themselves to be as so.

Edit: Not sure why this is.. in the TTT forum; it'd probably be more suited to go in complaints, if anything.

I'm sorry but, I can say that I am actually gay and can say that if someone calls me a faggot, I could care less because words, on the internet in particular, have no real weight on how I go about my day. Sure, people do at times intend for it to be a spiteful towards me, but I have yet to care because their opinion instantly deteriorates as I quickly come to care less about their opinion.

My point is through all of my redundancy being that: If you're gay and you're not shamed in admitting it, words that are meant to upset you, should not. Instead you should probably forget about what they have to say considering it's probably nothing of value, and continue on with your own day.

On the part where it is used to refer to stupidity.. Well, yes, I will admit to saying it myself in the same contextual manner when referring to someone that proves themselves to be as so.

Edit: Not sure why this is.. in the TTT forum; it'd probably be more suited to go in complaints, if anything.

You're both gay and a furry? Wow. Good for you for not giving a fuck.

Funny thing is, whilst you guys praise me for not really caring about how others feel about it, the staff just blatantly try to down me by 'neg repping'.

How do I know?

Latest Reputation Received (-14 point(s) total)

07-20-2011 04:25 PM

Thread: Homophobic Hate Speech

Thanked Post

07-20-2011 03:09 PM

Quit being a faggot

Only they can do that. And to think they get angry when someone subtlety "disrespects" them on the forums or in-game. Quit being homophobic yourselves, your hypocrisy all around is really getting on my nerves. Not to say it's going to ruin my day, because you really can't do that since I could really care less of what a 16 year old has to think about me, but you're breaking your own rule at this point.

Funny thing is, whilst you guys praise me for not really caring about how others feel about it, the staff just blatantly try to down me by 'neg repping'.

How do I know?

Thanked Post

Quit being a faggot

Only they can do that. And to think they get angry when someone subtlety "disrespects" them on the forums or in-game. Quit being homophobic yourselves, your hypocrisy all around is really getting on my nerves. Not to say it's going to ruin my day, because you really can't do that since I could really care less of what a 16 year old has to think about me, but you're breaking your own rule at this point.

What makes you say that?

How do I know?

Thanked Post

Quit being a faggot

THOSE GODDAMN NEG REPPING FAGGOTS

What makes you say that?

Oh, I should have specified. If I had two thanked posts and I was at -9 before due to reasons I probably should not speak of, I would've been at -5.

I am now, however, at -14, but if a regular community member were to add to my reputation, it would have been -7, no? I may be wrong, and I don't really care, I'm only attempting to prove a point; even if it seems to you it is a futile attempt.

THOSE GODDAMN NEG REPPING FAGGOTS

I'll reiterate what I've said before: A negative reputation gain means nothing to me. It's merely how someone on the internet feels about me on the gaming forum, therefore it is completely nulled.

Oh, I should have specified. If I had two thanked posts and I was at -9 before due to reasons I probably should not speak of, I would've been at -5.

I am now, however, at -14, but if a regular community member were to add to my reputation, it would have been -7, no? I may be wrong, and I don't really care, I'm only attempting to prove a point; even if it seems to you it is a futile attempt.

You are wrong, and your math is terrible.

And why do you say homophobic? I thought "faggot" meant stupid after all, right?

So you can call a straight person a faggot for being an idiot, but if one of us calls you a faggot for being an idiot it's homophobia?

your hypocrisy all around is really getting on my nerves.

Man, I cause a lot less point reduction than I thought.

But you get the idea.

If you don't like the word being used, don't use it.

I don't like it either, so I avoid it when I can.

How do I know?

Thanked Post

Quit being a faggot

um false. more rep points = bigger affect on your +/- rep when they thank/negrep you. Talk to illogical. His rep is full of negativity. And faggotry (would love to see an SS...)

You are wrong, and your math is terrible.

And why do you say homophobic? I thought "faggot" meant stupid after all, right?

So you can call a straight person a faggot for being an idiot, but if one of us calls you a faggot for being an idiot it's homophobia?

Man, I cause a lot less point reduction than I thought.

But you get the idea.

If you don't like the word being used, don't use it.

I don't like it either, so I avoid it when I can.

I didn't imply that I was using the word 'faggot' freely, in fact I use it on a rare basis. And about my math being terrible, you can't really say anything to that given that fact that you didn't know entirely what my reputation was before, so you couldn't be sure how much it increased or decreased beforehand. I was merely referring to my calculations I have made before when I have seen or received a reputation loss.

I was merely referring to the fact that my post was reinstating the fact that I am gay, and someone decides to give me a reputation loss in reference to this post by calling me a faggot. Maybe if you finally decide to become a little less illiterate than you have proven yourself to be, you would see that I mentioned that I see the word in both definitions. The way the person seemed to refer to myself was in a negatively homophobic way in the context that it was given.

um false. more rep points = bigger affect on your +/- rep when they thank/negrep you. Talk to illogical. His rep is full of negativity. And faggotry (would love to see an SS...)

Ahh, thanks, I didn't know that. :3 That's where my math would've been flawed.