Sign in to follow this  
Kalaris

Homophobic Hate Speech

People really like to throw around "faggot" on the server. When I asked "racial slurs are forbidden but 'faggot' isn't?" I was told that (paraphrase) "I'm not using it at gay people I mean it as 'you're stupid' or you're a pussy.' I don't see how this is justifiable at all. I've seen admins tell people to shut the fuck up for dropping "nigger" but nobody says anything about "faggot" or its derivatives even though when I checked the global rules here it is not allowed.

Being gay is not like being Korean... "Racial slurs are forbidden but 'faggot' isn't?" Sexual orientation does not connote race. It's a colloquial statement, as is "retard" and "douche-bag" yet you would never speak to an actual douche nor would you actually call a mentally handicapped person(s) a "retard."

Guest Ethan1

I remember this. It is only a rule to not be homophobic on the forums (I think).

People really like to throw around "faggot" on the server. When I asked "racial slurs are forbidden but 'faggot' isn't?" I was told that (paraphrase) "I'm not using it at gay people I mean it as 'you're stupid' or you're a pussy.' I don't see how this is justifiable at all. I've seen admins tell people to shut the fuck up for dropping "nigger" but nobody says anything about "faggot" or its derivatives even though when I checked the global rules here it is not allowed.

url]

Faggot is considered hate speech no matter your intended use. If other hate speech is banned then faggot should be too. The rules state that they are global. But if it isn't enforced then the mods are a bunch of hypocrites.

I can't believe you titled this thread 'Homophobic Hate Speech.' I highly doubt those who are saying it are homophobic, or are stirring up hate. You come off as some internet crusader, trying to serve a cause that for all intents and purposes belittles itself. Reading this was as painful as watching those "Using gay is not OK" commercials.

For a moment, believe that your fellow TTT players realize the difference between calling someone a Fag and being derogatory to a homosexual person.. You know, as if they were older than 13.

The stupid thing is normally I would not be taking this side. Perhaps, instead of coming in here like you were some sort of preacher coming amongst savages, you had simply realized a thread asking for more control over language, I would have well taken your side. But that isn't what you did, and that's not how it went.

Faggot is considered hate speech no matter your intended use. If other hate speech is banned then faggot should be too. The rules state that they are global. But if it isn't enforced then the mods are a bunch of hypocrites.

Yawn. Begone from us, faggot.

Word meanings change everyday.

Faggot has changed meanings over the course of the last 50-400 years. Ranging from a bundle of sticks, to homosexual slang, and now to douchebags who ride Harley's.

The N-word has not had that kind of time. Maybe the last 10-15 years it's been changed. The R gets dropped, and it means... I have no idea? Still means a black person I guess.

I don't mind people using it, but if you are on the server and take offense to it, I'll definitely tell people to stop using it for a bit.

If people are allowed to say any other word except the N word. They might as well be allowed to say that too.

If you're badass enough, you can say anything you want. I've never ever been banned for shouting nigel thornberry.

jesus man...... chill the fuck out, sit the fuck down and put the dick back in your mouth so you can stop being a faggot!

Chikendinner

wouldn't putting the dick in his mouth make him a faggot?

Balth im amazed at how ignorant you are and i have no clue how you ever made it into sG.

G. No Racist/Homophobic Epithets - As always, any and all racial slurs used against any person or object will not be tolerated to ANY degree (e.g., calling someone "N-word" is not allowed). THIS RULE ALSO APPLIES TO HOMOPHOBIC SLURS-- this includes, but is not limited to, the use of the word "fag" and any of its derivations. For objective purposes, sG does not recognize the word "fag" as meaning a cigarette, or a bundle of sticks. http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/showthread.php?t=11375
It doesn't matter if its not enforced either balth if your not suppose to use it DON'T USE IT don't tell admins,SOs & general server populations HERRR DURRR RULE NEVER ENFORCE DOESN'T MATTER.