Sign in to follow this  
Goldentongue

Spawn Protection: ScoutzKnive'z Broken Condom

As many people have mentioned while playing, the spawn protection at times seems unreliable or buggy. It works normally most of the time, but then at times it doesn't seem to work at all. Today I discovered the issue.

Spawn protection doesn't extend to the portion of spawn with the staircase that goes to the second level. Players spawn in that room, but being in there doesn't kill the opposing team. At times I would hear the charge sound like I was about to explode, but it wouldn't happen. I'm probably shooting my self in the foot here, as I may or may not abused the hell out of this glitch by raping an entire team with my knife in that room today, but it probably should be fixed.

I also noticed when you have your knife out it doesn't seem to do it as often as when you have a scout out.

I tested this, and I didn't fine a correlation. I think you might have just being entering from different ends.

I could be wrong though.

Aren't people invulnerable for a short period after spawning? Why is there even spawn protection? 3 seconds is long enough to get your bearings and move out, engage, or escape a spawn camper.

Like Golden said, there is a problem with spawn protection. One of thr major ones is that the middle room of T spawn is not protected. By that, I mean CTs can stand there for as long as they want and not have to worry about exploding. This, despite being good for killing AFKs, is something that should be fixed.

Ah yeah this was discussed on the server yesterday.

I'm pretty sure there is a short moment where you don't take damage when you spawn, which is good. But the blowing up/slay should be fixed. Someone mentioned it should slay you instantly as you enter the spawn, which would be a good idea.

I think the timer for spawn protection after respawning should be lowered to where it runs out after you leave spawn. Also, being slayed rather than blown up would work well as long as it's just for entering the ground level of the opposing spawn. I've played in some servers where the roof was a slay zone and that got very annoying.

Sign in to follow this