Sign in to follow this  
Goldentongue

Women's World Cup Final

All shots were just fine, well... perhaps not the one that went horribly over.

Japan's goal keeper was awsome!

They were fine but not fine enough to get past Japans keeper. Like I said gave away body positioning too soft or way over.

All shots were just fine, well... perhaps not the one that went horribly over.

Japan's goal keeper was awsome!

All shots were just fine? Were we watching the same game? One shot managed to hit the keepers feet, how can you call that a fine shot? That's just terrible placement.

All shots were just fine? Were we watching the same game? One shot managed to hit the keepers feet, how can you call that a fine shot? That's just terrible placement.

While the keeper was upside down in mid air

It's not like she was aiming for them....

While the keeper was upside down in mid air

It's not like she was aiming for them....

The keeper was horizontal with the ground when she dove. If she is aiming for the bottom right corner of the goal, like she is supposed to, and the keeper dives to her left with her head more towards the post and her feet more towards the center of the goal and the ball hits the keepers feet, then that is terrible placement.

I'm kinda glad Japan won they deserved it much more than the U.S, I want to see who will win the Copa America or America Cup.

I'm just glad to see that women's sports is starting to rise. I know in Seattle, we yearn for our Super Sonics back, but in the meantime, we are beginning to watch the Seattle Storm (WNBA).

I'm just glad to see that women's sports is starting to rise. I know in Seattle, we yearn for our Super Sonics back, but in the meantime, we are beginning to watch the Seattle Storm (WNBA).

Your Seattle Sounders have some pretty great fans.

The shot would of have been probably slower if she aimed for bottom right, so the goalie would have catched it anyways. The goalie was lucky she didn't jump too far so she got it with her feet.

Your Seattle Sounders have some pretty great fans.

Oh yea, the Sounders are big too, but when you aren't a Soccer fan, that kind of stuff flies over our heads. But those who are fans, they truly are die hard fans.

Also the team itself is pretty good, good enough to have people who don't even watch soccer, wear their merchandise. Their merchandise is worn by everyone. Kinda like how everyone is wearing those 59 fifty hats with the baseball logos, and yet they probably don't watch a hint of baseball.

Oh yea, the Sounders are big too, but when you aren't a Soccer fan, that kind of stuff flies over our heads. But those who are fans, they truly are die hard fans.

Also the team itself is pretty good, good enough to have people who don't even watch soccer, wear their merchandise. Their merchandise is worn by everyone. Kinda like how everyone is wearing those 59 fifty hats with the baseball logos, and yet they probably don't watch a hint of baseball.

Like MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

Like MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

THEN THANK ME BITCH!

Joking, but it proves my point. Which team hats do you wear? (my personal favorites are the Seattle Mariners, Yankeez, Cubs, and Washington.

At one of the premier sporting functions of the season, the USA Women's team was making a run at the Women's World Cup final. The team overcame some excellent teams throughout the event. The Japanese squad, a serious underdog, put paid American dreams by winning a shootout after extra time in the final. USA team defeated by Japan in World Cup final. Many people felt that the underdog Japanese team deserved the victory to lift spirits in Japan, after natural disasters ravaged the nation earlier this year. This is the first time an Asian nation has won the Women’s World Cup final. China came close in 1999, when the Chinese team lost by one point in a shootout with the United States team.