Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ethan1

Google+

The mostly male thing is not surprising considering most supergeeks are guys. And it's invite only.

I might sign up for it, but so far Google's platform as a whole is disjointed, and I don't understand. So I'm going to wait until the whole thing is resolved together. I have a gmail account which I use all the time, but there also a "Google Profile" that I can create. Now there's this Google+ thing, which seems to occupy the same position. They need to merge Google+ and Google Profiles pronto. As it stands it makes no sense to me.

It's probably the best webmail client, but it still sucks balls. It handles some things differently than email is handled in 99.999999% of other places, making it sometimes confusing and unintuitive. Only recently are you able to disable conversation view, thanks to pressure from businesses who use Google Apps for Business.

It's probably the best webmail client, but it still sucks balls. It handles some things differently than email is handled in 99.999999% of other places, making it sometimes confusing and unintuitive. Only recently are you able to disable conversation view, thanks to pressure from businesses who use Google Apps for Business.

Yeah until "tagging" emails started behaving like folders I wouldn't use it.

After reading this thread I've come to the conclusion a great deal of you are retarded.

Of course its going to have a small community, it hasn't been "officially" released to the public, and it's still very new. When Facebook first came out there was almost no one on it. Now everyone is, including our parents.

I feel like facebook is turning into the new myspace. At the moment its still ok, but they have butchered the chat.

I really like the idea of circles. I can put family in one, friends in another, and almost never let my family see what I do. For those that say social networking is stupid, its not. Sure I talk to most of my friends in person, but its a good way to keep in touch with family members from far away, or friends off at college. Also, it's kind of a mini blog to your life, people can see the pictures from your vacation and everything you did.

Yeah until "tagging" emails started behaving like folders I wouldn't use it.

Same here. It's still not perfect, but it's at least usable now.