Sign in to follow this  
fontaine

New Developer

I will continue to harass him in-game just as much.

So not at all?

My thoughts on the "issue"

5lWGT.gif

He's putting in an incredible amount of time to work on a new project that is going to benefit EVERYONE, and you guys are being little assholes about it. You don't have to treat him with respect if you don't want, but you will not treat him poorly-- fair enough?

Thanks for posting this klark.

I do. Not very well though. I know his brother, Hatty, better.

I don't know what I'm allowed to say yet. :X

Ahhh, I see. What about Ben_Hai?

So not at all?

5lWGT.gif

He's putting in an incredible amount of time to work on a new project that is going to benefit EVERYONE, and you guys are being little assholes about it. You don't have to treat him with respect if you don't want, but you will not treat him poorly-- fair enough?

I will treat him with the amount of respect I think he deserves based on my judgment of his character displayed in his postings and chance in game encounters, just like I judge everyone else here.

I will show no bias for or against him because of his helpfulness or inexperience.

Clay put a buttload of work into this clan during his time here, and look at the precedent you set for his treatment.

The population of all of the servers really needs this, I'll treat him like any other staff member.

O.O project is related to ^ ??

Known him for about 4years.

RuneScape awww yeah.

Damnn, I know that many people from klark? haha

I will treat him with the amount of respect I think he deserves based on my judgment of his character displayed in his postings and chance in game encounters, just like I judge everyone else here.

I will show no bias for or against him because of his helpfulness or inexperience.

Clay put a buttload of work into this clan during his time here, and look at the precedent you set for his treatment.

There are many ways of gaining respect that you deserve. I don't like Fatboy very much, many people know it. I still respect Fatboy because he has earned my respect in many other ways. Including efforts made benefiting the clan. Respect shouldn't be completely based on social encounters.

O.O project is related to ^ ??

Damnn, I know that many people from klark? haha

He said he's investing a lot of time into something, of course it will have a positive effect on servers/forums.

There are many ways of gaining respect that you deserve. I don't like Fatboy very much, many people know it. I still respect Fatboy because he has earned my respect in many other ways. Including efforts made benefiting the clan. Respect shouldn't be completely based on social encounters.

Again, I point to the Clay situation.

If he does something stupid that's immediately apparent to me, I'm more likely to judge him for that than an unspecified amount of work he's put into things in a way I cannot immediately view or appreciate. That's just how people are. He seems like a cool guy. I've had no problems with him so far, and I doubt I ever will. But I'm not going to treat him like my pal just because any of you say to.

Electronic, welcome, thank you for your efforts, and despite the behavior of our staff who views you as their new baby bird, I trust you can stand on your own two feet.

So not at all?

5lWGT.gif

Seems like you are overreacting because two people made sarcastic remarks in the thread.

Drug has gotten and will continue to get compliments and kudos for his efforts. Nobody has even said anything negative about him or his responsibility yet.

@GT: Clay is a fucking tool, and I had months of experience with him to base that on.

And I also understand where you're coming from-- you're taking the same attitude I asked you to take. I don't care if you respect him, but don't be an ass just because he's new and he has an engineer title, which is what some people appear to have done, from what I've been hearing.

He's not in a leadership role. He's in a support role. The role he plays doesn't require months of knowledge of this clan, it just requires technical skill, which he has. If people are going to bitch every time we bring someone in to support the tech staff because they haven't been here for X time, then we're not going to grow as a community, period.

He's not in a leadership role. He's in a support role. The role he plays doesn't require months of knowledge of this clan, it just requires technical skill, which he has. If people are going to bitch every time we bring someone in to support the tech staff because they haven't been here for X time, then we're not going to grow as a community, period.

Agreed. However, when Staff make a decision that seems completely random to the community.. reminds me of the Renji ordeal. I'm open with whatever happens, but I'm sure the community as a whole would be more welcoming if an announcement about new staff was made before they're new staff & why. This seems like this could've all been averted if you all told the community prior.

Now that the community knows, I suspect the harassment will cease.. or else.

I don't really see any negative comments about anything.

Agreed. However, when Staff make a decision that seems completely random to the community.. reminds me of the Renji ordeal.

That decision was made by an idiot and coinstar.

BTW, in case people haven't noticed, this announcement isn't asking for permission.

I'm tired of this bullshit you fucking idiots are throwing around. This sort of shit happens ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Right now, we are nothing but a gaming community who has enough loyal followers to front the bill. Our servers aren't different from the average server. We don't offer anything SPECIAL to our users, like other popular servers do. That's why we will fail, and continue to fail. I'm sorry, but I don't see this community going anywhere without a bit of change.

I'm trying to do something about that. As of now, we don't have anyone with true programming experience in our staff, minus Jason who is AFK 24/7. Sure a few of us can edit a few things from time to time, but the creative expertise required to fulfill the requirements of community ideas is lacking. We always have huge ideas, but are left stuck with no means or way to let the idea take off. Sure we throw around the occasional tweak here and there to bring some extra spice into this godforsaken barrens of a community, but not since a long time ago has something truly renewed life in this clan.

Drug is an old friend of mine, who HAS that creative expertise our current administration is lacking. And, he is WILLING to help us with our projects, which is another plus. Don't get false ideas and think this is another random ass Renjii^ bullshit. Drug doesn't have administrative power, he is merely being recognized for the work he has and will put into this community, with a simple gesture of our appreciation. Is the [DEV] tag really THAT big of a deal to cause all you troll-scum's e-peen chub to deflate? Give me a fucking break.

When you see something out of the ordinary, a CHANGE in the establishment that you have become so accustomed to, some of you just freak the fuck out and do stupid things. People come into the community with an urge to better the community with the skills they possess, but oh no, "DON'T CHANGE," you say. Remember crothers? The guy who came into staff with a shit ton of experience and was at first willing to develop for us? Yeah, you scared his ass off.

Please don't fucking repeat that here. Drug is a good friend of mine, a person who legitimately wants to help. All I ask is for you to respect the token of appreciation I have bestowed on him, just a simple fucking [DEV] tag.

tldr; CALM THE FUCK DOWN.

I'm going to bed.

I'm tired of this bullshit you fucking idiots are throwing around. This sort of shit happens ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Right now, we are nothing but a gaming community who has enough loyal followers to front the bill. Our servers aren't different from the average server. We don't offer anything SPECIAL to our users, like other popular servers do. That's why we will fail, and continue to fail. I'm sorry, but I don't see this community going anywhere without a bit of change.

I'm trying to do something about that. As of now, we don't have anyone with true programming experience in our staff, minus Jason who is AFK 24/7. Sure a few of us can edit a few things from time to time, but the creative expertise required to fulfill the requirements of community ideas is lacking. We always have huge ideas, but are left stuck with no means or way to let the idea take off. Sure we throw around the occasional tweak here and there to bring some extra spice into this godforsaken barrens of a community, but not since a long time ago has something truly renewed life in this clan.

Drug is an old friend of mine, who HAS that creative expertise our current administration is lacking. And, he is WILLING to help us with our projects, which is another plus. Don't get false ideas and think this is another random ass Renjii^ bullshit. Drug doesn't have administrative power, he is merely being recognized for the work he has and will put into this community, with a simple gesture of our appreciation. Is the [DEV] tag really THAT big of a deal to cause all you troll-scum's e-peen chub to deflate? Give me a fucking break.

When you see something out of the ordinary, a CHANGE in the establishment that you have become so accustomed to, some of you just freak the fuck out and do stupid things. People come into the community with an urge to better the community with the skills they possess, but oh no, "DON'T CHANGE," you say. Remember crothers? The guy who came into staff with a shit ton of experience and was at first willing to develop for us? Yeah, you scared his ass off.

Please don't fucking repeat that here. Drug is a good friend of mine, a person who legitimately wants to help. All I ask is for you to respect the token of appreciation I have bestowed on him, just a simple fucking [DEV] tag.

tldr; CALM THE FUCK DOWN.

I'm going to bed.

I'm now going to list all the people who have protested the power you've given him:

tc/du: CALM THE FUCK DOWN.

^too confusing/didn't understand

There wouldn't be 5 pages of us arguing a non-issue if staff didn't try telling us how to think.

That decision was made by an idiot and coinstar.

BTW, in case people haven't noticed, this announcement isn't asking for permission.

The premise still applies. I'm not saying the decision was a stupid one, far from that. I'm just saying that with our clan's history, the community is quick to reject and slow to accept. If someone receives special benefits above their own station they grow envious because they "have been in this clan longer". Horrible logic on the part of the covetous members, but that's human nature. On the contrary, I'm glad we're bringing someone in with expertise.

I just think this is an opportunity as a community to reflect and realize we are, as a whole, a bunch of assholes.

From this thread I honestly haven't seen anyone giving this dude shit aside from some sarcastic remarks. I understand what Goldentongue is saying as well, that respect is earned and that he will see how this guy's personality is before he gives him that respect.

Also, why are people (in-game I'm assuming) giving him shit? He does developer's work so he gets a dev tag. They want one? Let them go learn how to program and be useful.

In any case, welcome aboard and thank you for helping us out with some projects. Thanks in advance to the work you'll be putting in.

Sign in to follow this