Sign in to follow this  
Fiasco

Laptop for school

I just remembered Dell has a deal for a free 360 when you buy a laptop for school. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......................

If you're looking for reliable laptops, it's definitely not Dell.

Are Lenovo laptops reliable? The price is pretty good.

you have to get their "real" thinkpad series (eg x/t and a few others... not edge or ideapad)

and it passed 8 milspec, 3-4 pounds(depending on battery, 7-12 hours)... if you look at http://slickdeals.net and combine coupons, it'll be $850 for i5 + IPS screen + 9 cell battery for 12 hours(3.5 pounds) . (1=x220i i3 for $560) (2=x220 i5 w/ ips 9 cell for $709 but no OS)

i would add 3 year warranty (if you can afford it, or if the price is right. if you search at 3rd party retailer, you might find some pre-loaded configs with 3 yr warranty)

i got my Dell M1330 w/ 4 yr warranty for a reason (last my college career). it died twice already

So many Mac haters. When most of them haters never even owned a mac before. Like me before, I used to be one of them "Mac haters" even though I never used one before, but then now I own one I found out its awesomeness and its capabilities beyond windows reach.

I actully used to own a iMac and an iPod, Untill I reilised even though I bought the products, I had to pay out the ass for anything I wanted to use.

Also, I love my thinkpad, Not sure if those are in your buget. If not, Something by Acer

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270775588912#ht_2859wt_1344

W

ith this one obviously you would not be able to ship out to you but if you can use this as a base you could maybe find it over there and get a price match??

Chikendinner

this is $450-$500 USD

not sure about you, but I'd rather get a sandy bridge laptop. better power gating = better battery life

the asus 5742 has 3 hr 11 battery life with a 6 cell not to mention the processor is weak. Sandy bridge laptops have way more battery life. (x220 has 8 hour 47 minutes with a 6 cell, but of course with a smaller screen, less power-sapping but more powerful processor.... but just an example why you should really go for a sandy bridge i3 at minimum

You can also get Microsoft Office for free, through some means ;).

I like my Mac. It's a nice addition alongside my gaming computer tbh. PC Laptops are shitty nowadays, except for a select few brands like HP, Sony, Acer and a couple others. Dell, Gateway, Compaq and a few other brands just make shit laptops.

Mac haters have a right to hate maybe on the price for the hardware - but to be honest, I think it's fine. I like my mac a lot lol.

Tell me how.

I got mine from best buy. Its an HP Pavilion DV7. $750 and it is an amazing laptop for the price. Anything better is literally in the $1200 and up range. It also has Beats audio built in. Over all it is a kick ass computer.