Sign in to follow this  
BlackStone

APM

What's the point? I understand its Actions Per Minute, which is nice and all.

Frankly, I avg about 50 APM... on a good day? Yet I creme people with 150+ APM... so what exactly is the point other then saying "I spam keys like a Korean, and i like my chinese cooked just right"

Well like you said, there are those who just spam keys to increase their apm, but a pro uses every action for something useful such as making buildings, producing unit, scouting, etc. The pros are just too fast for a lower level player to keep up with and that is why some people stress apm.

My APM is misleading. When there is literally nothing to do, such as the very beginning of the game, or when I've got all my building making upgrades and my larvae is taken up then I float around 0-10 APM (normally 0). The thing is though during the times when I'm actually doing stuff I average 45ish, but then when there are fights and I'm making units and microing and such I can reach up to 150.

Yeah, APM honestly means nothing it only helps tell how active a person is during a game. From experience I average 100-150 apm during intense fights when i'm macroing + microing but most of the time if there's no action it's mostly just key spamming.

awwww, one thing I'm proud of myself for. As ipoc mentions, when there's literally nothing to be done early on, I'm at 0. When I'm microing a battew, it's above 200 almost always (soproud), as I've been focusing on being able to macro simultaneously, etc. I'm working on keeping my zlings scouting and stuff when I do have downtime so that I have better info, and that'll probably help my "idle" apm, but otherwise I'm around 60 :L

awwww, one thing I'm proud of myself for. As ipoc mentions, when there's literally nothing to be done early on, I'm at 0. When I'm microing a battew, it's above 200 almost always (soproud), as I've been focusing on being able to macro simultaneously, etc. I'm working on keeping my zlings scouting and stuff when I do have downtime so that I have better info, and that'll probably help my "idle" apm, but otherwise I'm around 60 :L

I get lazy with my zling scouts.... I just burrow them on the location that they would build/land at an expo and forget I even have the guys....