Sign in to follow this  
SuperNorch

HTC Flyer Tablet

Looks pretty neat, I'm a fan of HTC since there HTC Wildfire smartphone.

But, I dont have any use for a tablet computer, What could it really give me over a Lenovo Thinknpad X220 and a Custom assembled desktop computer?

I could guess its more free to use as it runs Android? If you're a fan of tablets, I'd say go for it.

EDIT:

After actully reading the specifications, I noticed a few things that I found funny.

"Latest Adobe Flash and HTML5 support for fluid video playback." - Something apple doesn't want you to have because it would make there 'app store' useless.

imho, don't get this tablet. It's got lower hardware specs as compared to its competitors, its the same price despite said lower hardware specs, its quite bulky comparatively, it doesn't run Android 3.0 - aka you're buying an over sized phone still. The only thing this tablet has as an advantage is their stylus support. Why not get the Asus Transformer for $400. It runs Android 3.0 on a Tegra 2 processor. Or what about the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 which runs Android 3.0 on a Tegra 2 as well, but is thinner and lighter than the iPad 2 (which was the lightest/thinnest tablet) - And has a much better screen.

I'm a big fan of HTC as well, but I feel like they missed a little bit on this tablet. And in all honesty, just wait. Tablets are kind of useless right now. Wait for nVidia's upcoming Kal-el Quad-core platform which is able to produce "console-like graphics." http://blogs.nvidia.com/2011/05/project-kal-el-demo-previews-future-of-mobile-gaming/

Edit 2: Granted, if you aren't planning on playing more brilliant looking games and what not, current gen tablets are great. But then again, I feel like tablets aren't really that useful..

Edit 3: http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/16/htc-flyer-review/