Sign in to follow this  
BlackStone

Zerg Rush

I've decided to try my hand at zerg. Of the 7 games I've played, I've only lost one, which was a FFA where I stomped two of the opponents then get Marines/Medivaced while my troops were away at war.

My last game I played, the Toss tried to first cannon cheese me, that failed since I had zerglings out fast enough to take out his pylon at my expo. Then he walled off his expo, but didn't place the cannons just right, so I took out the top most bit of it, then just ran my speedlings past his 3 or 4 cannons and ate his mineral line.

If you're good at ling micro and knowing when to pressure, you're halfway to being pretty good with early game zerg xD. Now you just have to figure out how to not get 4rax'd or zealot raped.

Ya, basically. I'm getting damn good at the pressure. In the FFA, I kept my speed lings running around the map, killing off the expos until they massed units at them. By then, I had hydras out and I killed two off two of them.... than ya.

Ya, basically. I'm getting damn good at the pressure. In the FFA, I kept my speed lings running around the map, killing off the expos until they massed units at them. By then, I had hydras out and I killed two off two of them.... than ya.

Only problem is when people get smart enough to know to counter you. Like for instance I was trying the speeling/bling pressure against his marines and marauders and was forcing him to waste a lot of his money until he started countering.

Only problem is when people get smart enough to know to counter you. Like for instance I was trying the speeling/bling pressure against his marines and marauders and was forcing him to waste a lot of his money until he started countering.

That's why I move onto hydras by the 8 minute mark, any later and he has air units that just destroy my units. Mix in an overseer here and there and you are golden!

I've yet to run into that problem, but I understand what you mean. So far, I've YET to have a game with zerg go past the 15 minute mark, so I haven't had to expand past that. If I do, I'll move to broodlords

+1 armor if they get tanks. Add infestors when possible if they're aggressive, otherwise try muta harass and some spines.

Idra and someone else, name starts with a Z.

Idra rages so much hehe, he needs to chill.

But ya, Hydras are so damn powerful if you can use them right, the only thing that sucks about them is the amount of space they take up

+1 armor if they get tanks. Add infestors when possible if they're aggressive, otherwise try muta harass and some spines.

I built Mutas and Infestors against that guy. The Mutas were crushing until he decided to place missile turrets everywhere, so I just expanded even more (ended up having around 8 bases) and sent wave after wave to wipe out his forces. He only expanded once and then when he lost his main he surrounded his last base with bunkers and turrets/tanks and tried to do cloaked banshees, but my corrupters messed him up and he dropped the gg.