Sign in to follow this  
BeauutifulChaos

Asking for a silly favor.

So, as some of you know, for my summer job...I dive in a lake and pull a weed called Eurasian Milfoil. And, well, last year I posted on the Dirty Jobs thread to submit it for them to come and do a show with us. Now, there obviously is a very small chance it will ever be considered, but I would like for you guys to sign up on their forums and comment the thread and like it so that it will be noticed.

I'd appreciate it greatly, and also if you read the thread it will give you a better idea of what I do, and there are also some pictures.

Thanks!

LINK!:

http://community.discovery.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8251971108/m/90919629501?r=78819828801#78819828801

If for some reason the link doesn't work, its called Eurasian Milfoil Weed Removal.

If they come will Zeus be in the episode?

OT: It should have a good chance of getting picked, they're pretty desperate right now for ideas and it seems good.

Tell us if you do get to meet him.

Mike Rowe has an amazing personality off the TV set, meeting him was unforgettable.

milfoil sucks. We have that in many lakes in Maine. It makes fishing shitty although bass love hiding in it. That's cool that you are trying to remove it and diving is amazing. Good luck

I hope you'll get it.

Dirty jobs is a great program, I watch it alot!

Good luck!

EDIT: I'm going to work in a carwash this summer. Clean job!

Since I am a diver and I love my job. I would never want this known as a "dirty job". You bring up weeds. We search and bring up dead bodies. Thank you Chicago for giving me diving experience for my future, everyone continue to dumb bodies in the Great Lakes.

Lawl.

The weeds take over the lake. If no one were to not do anything about them, you could practically walk across the lake because the whole lake would fill full of them.

I love diving... recreational that is. This IS a fucking nasty job. Last year I got stuck underwater in muck up to my waste. I had to drop my weight belt to come up. It's crazy. Not to mention there is always trash in the lake I work in. Also, the snapping turtles love hiding in the muck, so it makes for a nervous dive because they will snap if startled. It's a fun job yes, but it would be cool to show what we do on TV, especially because Eurasian Milfiol is a continuously growing problem. It's right up there with Zebra Muscles. It's a big thing, and most boaters don't pay attention to the signs...or dive flags in the lake either. >.< (It's a very scary thing when your under water and a boat goes right over top of you, fucking dumb asses.)

http://dnr.wi.gov/invasives/fact/milfoil.htm

http://www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/wq/plants/weeds/aqua004.html

There's a few links that explain more in depth.

And if you guys help me to get this noticed on their forums, I will mention sG on air? Hahaha. I dunno. This is just for fun. And I wanna see if it really can get noticed.