Sign in to follow this  
Zoxopirezox Jared

Job

Sensei (Japanese for teacher for the dumb people)

Smart people would know it doesn't just mean teacher.

Anyways,

Assistant at a Management Company

$12

25 hours/wk

monday-friday

Cool job, i sit around and sort files, then I play on the computer.

do you just go around unplugging and plugging back in routers for dumb old people?

or do you actually have to do work?

Nah, actually do work.

Smart people would know it doesn't just mean teacher.

Anyways,

Assistant at a Management Company

$12

25 hours/wk

monday-friday

Cool job, i sit around and sort files, then I play on the computer.

I'm sorry, Instructor

With the style I take, and the dojo I work at, Those are the proper applications of the term Sensei.

I'm not sure what you're referring too but the lead instructor we call Senei but technically he is Shihan (master; also not sure I spelled it correctly, we speak it but I've never seen it on paper.)

Cashier/Food prep at my parents' restaurant

$100/week

12-24 hours/week depending on when my parents need me to help out

It's pretty meh. I get paid under the table and don't have to do that much, but it's REALLY boring.

Will be working 40 hours a week come summer time, but because our restaurant is located across from OSU's campus, our business is shot in the summer since our customer base is all students. I'll be twiddling my thumbs for the better part of the work day. And studying.

What is your job? Pizza Inn, Cut & Pack/Prep

How much do you make an hour? $7.55

How many Hours do you work a week? 20-30

What are your hours? 3-10

Do you like your job? No...

I'm sorry, Instructor

With the style I take, and the dojo I work at, Those are the proper applications of the term Sensei.

Sensei is a term that is applied to people who have achieved a certain mastery in any field. Master chefs are also referred to as sensei so are lawyers and doctors.. among other things.

Sensei is a term that is applied to people who have achieved a certain mastery in any field. Master chefs are also referred to as sensei so are lawyers and doctors.. among other things.

Okay...Never ever heard someone use it in that application before. But black belt is hardly mastery, It's just the beginning, using Sensei to represent mastery doesn't make sense at all considering; For example, at my work I am a simple Sho-Dan or first degree black belt, My co workers being many other ranks, higher and equal. All referred to as Sensei. The ones with "mastery" are 7th degree or higher, which is my boss' rank, that's when you refer to someone as Shihan.

Applying the term in that sense would be like calling the best high school baseball player and Babe Ruth Sensei. Sure they both are good but that's such a broad generalization because everyone knows Babe Ruth would smoke the shit outta some high school ball player.

Edit: And besides, I don't even believe there is such a thing as mastery, there is always something, no matter how small, that you can improve upon, in any field, believing you have achieved mastery hinders your ability to learn because you will no longer believe you have anything to learn. For example, like I stated before, black belt for me is just the beginning, it is not something you just work on for several years then once you get it go "okay I'm a karate master now, I quit time to go boss some bitches." It is like starting over again. To put it in nerd terms, It is like beating Diablo on nightmare and starting over on Hell. It's a longer, harder journey in which you can and will improve everything you have ever learned and will continue to do so for the rest of your life. That is, if you are truly dedicated.

Okay...Never ever heard someone use it in that application before. But black belt is hardly mastery, It's just the beginning, using Sensei to represent mastery doesn't make sense at all considering; For example, at my work I am a simple Sho-Dan or first degree black belt, My co workers being many other ranks, higher and equal. All referred to as Sensei. The ones with "mastery" are 7th degree or higher, which is my boss' rank, that's when you refer to someone as Shihan.

Applying the term in that sense would be like calling the best high school baseball player and Babe Ruth Sensei. Sure they both are good but that's such a broad generalization because everyone knows Babe Ruth would smoke the shit outta some high school ball player.

Edit: And besides, I don't even believe there is such a thing as mastery, there is always something, no matter how small, that you can improve upon, in any field, believing you have achieved mastery hinders your ability to learn because you will no longer believe you have anything to learn. For example, like I stated before, black belt for me is just the beginning, it is not something you just work on for several years then once you get it go "okay I'm a karate master now, I quit time to go boss some bitches." It is like starting over again. To put it in nerd terms, It is like beating Diablo on nightmare and starting over on Hell. It's a longer, harder journey in which you can and will improve everything you have ever learned and will continue to do so for the rest of your life. That is, if you are truly dedicated.

I don't even.... I'm not going to argue with you about what a term means and how its properly used. You are just.... derp.

I don't even.... I'm not going to argue with you about what a term means and how its properly used. You are just.... derp.

Good argument you clearly showed your superior intellect sir.

University Department Infotech

7.95 An Hour

24 Hours a Week

A job while I am in school. Soon I may be moving to another location on campus, do the same thing, and make 19.25 an hour. We shall see.

Also, for the argument above. In the Japanese vernacular Sensei is a title (not a position), like sama, kun, etc. And it is indeed used for a variety of positions to reflect a certain level of proficiency (some use the term mastery) in their field. I believe this form of Mastery, Balthazar, is different from the way in which you are using it.

University Department Infotech

7.95 An Hour

24 Hours a Week

A job while I am in school. Soon I may be moving to another location on campus, do the same thing, and make 19.25 an hour. We shall see.

Also, for the argument above. In the Japanese vernacular Sensei is a title (not a position), like sama, kun, etc. And it is indeed used for a variety of positions to reflect a certain level of proficiency (some use the term mastery) in their field. I believe this form of Mastery, Balthazar, is different from the way in which you are using it.

See fatty, Someone knows how to explain things a little better. I guess I understand, I just don't see the point of using it that way. Thanks deofuta for taking the time to put together a coherent sentence for me and explain what he meant a little better.

But fatty, I honestly don't care what other uses it has, I'm the derp? If I was the derp you would have noticed the context of which I was using Sensei which was obviously not the way you described it. For at Dojos afaik Sensei is used as a title; for teacher, as it is at my work, and it is the most used context, and most understood context, I was putting it in laymans terms for people. Which if they can't understand that context, lets face it, they couldn't understand yours.

See fatty, Someone knows how to explain things a little better. I guess I understand, I just don't see the point of using it that way. Thanks deofuta for taking the time to put together a coherent sentence for me and explain what he meant a little better.

But fatty, I honestly don't care what other uses it has, I'm the derp? If I was the derp you would have noticed the context of which I was using Sensei which was obviously not the way you described it. For at Dojos afaik Sensei is used as a title; for teacher, as it is at my work, and it is the most used context, and most understood context, I was putting it in laymans terms for people. Which if they can't understand that context, lets face it, they couldn't understand yours.

The context in which you used it? "(Japanese for teacher for the dumb people)" to which I responded it really isn't.

I am not going to teach you japanese, but you are, quite simply, a derp.

The context in which you used it? "(Japanese for teacher for the dumb people)" to which I responded it really isn't.

I am not going to teach you japanese, but you are, quite simply, a derp.

I don't even know how you fail at coherent thought so much. Sensei, a japanese term, in which used in the context of my job title, means teacher, and is the most commonly known use of the term. Sorry you can't comprehend the context, for I was not stating that sensei was an exact translation to teacher but maybe you just need to read everything over again.

Gonna side with Fatboy. He is the one who went to Harvard and Balthazar is just a derp.

Right because going to Harvard automatically makes you a superior person. +1 ignorance points. You can call someone stupid over the internet based off one thing, because fatboy couldn't even read right, cool story bro.

You'd think someone with a Harvard degree would apparently be able to put more towards this community.

inb4 infraction but whatever. I'm sick of his shit. I'm done here.

Right because going to Harvard automatically makes you a superior person. +1 ignorance points. You can call someone stupid over the internet based off one thing, because fatboy couldn't even read right, cool story bro.

You'd think someone with a Harvard degree would apparently be able to put more towards this community.

You'd think someone who went to Harvard would get a degree. However...

I have to go with fatty on this one. balth there are many definition on sensei doesn't just mean people who learn karate, judo, and martial arts.

inb4 balth rage again =/

Aren't you the dude who thought atheist and agnostic were mutually exclusive?

Aren't you the dude who thought atheist and agnostic were mutually exclusive?

When the fuck did I say that, I'm agnostic.

I have to go with fatty on this one. balth there are many definition on sensei doesn't just mean people who learn karate, judo, and martial arts.

inb4 balth rage again =/

And learn to read people. I never said sensei had one set fucking definition I even said I never heard anyone use it in any context other than as a teacher of martial arts, I was stating that in my usage of the word, that was the context and that is that. Get some fucking books people.

When the fuck did I say that, I'm agnostic.

You implied it:

Lol because it's ridiculous and people should see just how crazy this old man is.

+1 for non-theists (I don't say atheist's because I'm Agnostic. :3 )

Also, "agnostic" is a common noun.

You implied it:

Also, "agnostic" is a common noun.

Okay, the way I wrote it sure, it may have seemed I implied it. But I know being an atheist and being agnostic is two totally different things. That wasn't even the point of the post, you guys over think things too much here, which is weird because most of you don't seem to think at all.

Okay, the way I wrote it sure, it may have seemed I implied it. But I know being an atheist and being agnostic is two totally different things. That wasn't even the point of the post, you guys over think things too much here, which is weird because most of you don't seem to think at all.
you guys over think things too much here
you don't seem to think at all.

atheist_rage_face.jpg