Sign in to follow this  
fatb0y

Syndicate Gamers Logo Contest! [Voting]

Definition

Hooray for semantics.

I'll have a good chuckle if any of those definitions are the reason the founders used the word syndicate in the clan name.

Also there is plenty of basis of the word syndicate bringing to mind a criminal organization or mafia. Once again, you don't have to like it, but it isn't baseless.

Hooray for semantics.

I'll have a good chuckle if any of those definitions are the reason the founders used the word syndicate in the clan name.

be ready to laugh then. It was mainly formed with that usage. " a group of individuals or organizations combined or making a joint effort to undertake some specific duty " that group being this community, and that duty being gaming. not to pretend we are some crime group bent on gaming

OP = No date of poll closing. When is it?

Why not just explain what you meant?

It came from the idea of a crime syndicate, or mafia type group.

Either way, I don't really like any of them. I prefer the current ones we have now.

be ready to laugh then. It was mainly formed with that usage. " a group of individuals or organizations combined or making a joint effort to undertake some specific duty " that group being this community, and that duty being gaming. not to pretend we are some crime group bent on gaming

Heh, I simply think that idea stretches the term A LOT.

It's a whole semantics issue, which you and I will obviously not agree on.

Either way, I don't really like any of them. I prefer the current ones we have now.

Wait. I still don't get it. Syndicate gamers is not a crime syndicate. It's just a bunch of gamers. 0_o

Wait. I still don't get it. Syndicate gamers is not a crime syndicate. It's just a bunch of gamers. 0_o

Is a name supposed to be taken literally for every single group?

Jeebus.

Heh, I simply think that idea stretches the term A LOT.

It's a whole semantics issue, which you and I will obviously not agree on.

Welcome to the internet where things always lose meaning.

Guest Gordon Freeman

AMP3's logo's the best. it reminds me of bG. So much memories *sniff*

:P

AMP3's logo's the best. it reminds me of bG. So much memories *sniff*

:P

I'm assuming bG is some faggot clan.

My opinion is that Amp3's logo is the best with church at a close second. Those are both better than the current logo, in my opinion, and are the only two that I think should even be getting votes.

My internet's been down all day, so I'm way late to the thread. They chose my second least favorite entry, and also my latest. This was my favorite, because I imagine it looking the best stamped to a T-shirt:

ubbky.png

Evergreen's was good but I couldn't find the S. Maybe I'm blind?
You're not blind. Because of the angle of the incredibly thick bullet & trail, the S is indistinguishable. Edit: I've adjusted it and posted the change to this thread.
The sketch, for sure. Jason's gonna try and renderize it.
I've done my own "renderization" of Jiyeon's entry:

RqEjH.png

I voted for Christmas's, because everything else (including my own) blows.

my own "renderization" of Jiyeon's entry:

RqEjH.png

Kinda wished I voted for this.

My internet's been down all day, so I'm way late to the thread. They chose my second least favorite entry, and also my latest. This was my favorite, because I imagine it looking the best stamped to a T-shirt:

ubbky.png

You're not blind. Because of the angle of the incredibly thick bullet & trail, the S is indistinguishable. I'll adjust it and post the change here, later.

RqEjH.png

I think all the options in the vote blow.

Take the body off that render and it would look pretty damn schmexy.

I have been at work all day (and currently still am) and have homework otherwise I would've / would work on my sketch. If ANY of you who bashed on my image because it looked shitty, I would oblige you to read related threads where I stated it was a quick sketch and where Junzou said that they (fatb0y, Junzou, and Jason) highly approved because a polished version would be easily usable for things like shirts and sites. Of course, none of you care to read through related threads because that would be pointless right?

Thank you Evergreen for taking the time to clean it up and add color, it looks great, though I would've done some things differently.

Also, thank you to those that have voted for mine because you saw it's potential, not just a 5 minute sketch I took a picture of with my phone.

Anyways, best of luck to everyone's entries still.

ubbky.png

You're not blind. Because of the angle of the incredibly thick bullet & trail, the S is indistinguishable. I'll adjust it and post the change here, later.

RqEjH.png

Dude I am soooo fucking made right now. I worked a good 30 minutes on digitalizing his sketch... and it isn't as good lol

Here it is anyhow, no colors and a little more true to the original drawing (but still worse lol):

cssguy.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ubbky.png

RqEjH.png

I'd get either of those on a shirt. Those are both sick.

For clarification, I prefer Church's as a logo, and I prefer either of Evergreen's on a shirt.

This is about as good as my nominated entry can get (adjusted angle):

LZEmp.png

…I prefer Church's as a logo…
Am I the only one seeing just the letters sG in an awkward font?

Am I the only one seeing just the letters sG in an awkward font?

It's simplistic. It looks nice. Everyone is trying too hard and making it overly complicated.

Merging the two letters is annoying. Mafia themes shouldn't have made it past page two. Cave Johnson hates lemons.