Sign in to follow this  
JFK

So I'm taking the SATs tomorrow morning.

How well do you think you did?

Probably a 1750 or so. Either way, I'm gonna retake it so I can improve on my math score.

If you want to show a good math/science score for college, I recommend the ACT.

This is what I did. My SAT was meh at best. ACT is what did it for me.

Perfect SAT score here. The key to doing well is to play the odds. Find the one or two answers that don't make sense and disregard immediately, there's usually some. If it's math and you don't know, you can try plugging the answers back in to see if one is right, but don't spend too much time doing it. If it's critical reading and you don't know... Well, good luck.

If you can narrow your answers down to 2 choices, guess. Otherwise, I'd leave it blank. Remember, for the most part SAT's don't test knowledge, they test test-taking skills.

This is what I did. My SAT was meh at best. ACT is what did it for me.

I capped around 2200 on the SAT.

I got a 34 on the ACT, which converts over to a 2340 on the SAT ^_^. I really thought the ACT was much easier as well.

I capped around 2200 on the SAT.

I got a 34 on the ACT, which converts over to a 2340 on the SAT ^_^. I really thought the ACT was much easier as well.

:C

1870, took it in September of junior year.

If you've never prepared for it you're basically fucked. Then again, only time i've ever taken it would be a PSAT in Freshman year that I got a 1700 on so it might be easy :3.

If you've never prepared for it you're basically fucked. Then again, only time i've ever taken it would be a PSAT in Freshman year that I got a 1700 on so it might be easy :3.

No, not really. It's not even hard, it's shit you learn from 9th and 10th grade. Even the math is just basic algebra and geometry, which is why they're all 25 minute long sections.

also, I didn't know you could get 1700 out of a total 240 on the PSAT.

SAT questions are unlike any other questions on just any plain old test. There is a certain way to do them. So basically if you dont know what to expect and you are not familiar with the style of the questions then your fucked.

I took the SAT 3 times and the ACT once. I took a prep course during junior year and it helped a lot.

1870, took it in September of junior year.

stupid

No, not really. It's not even hard, it's shit you learn from 9th and 10th grade. Even the math is just basic algebra and geometry, which is why they're all 25 minute long sections.

also, I didn't know you could get 1700 out of a total 240 on the PSAT.

Technically it's a 170. But the PSAT has a rough way to estimate what you would get on the SAT and for Oreo that would be 1700.