Sign in to follow this  
Ivanns

B-hopping when shift walking?

From MOTD

Since jumping or bhopping isn't considered a movement.... if warden asks you to shift-walk, u cant run OR crouch... but you can still jump

if you are doing shift + WASD(aka shift-walking), and u start jumping towards the destination while maintaining shift+WASD, you aren't breaking any rules, since jumping isn't restricted

and doing this above, is bhopping (well, if you can do it while pressing the SHIFT key)

This. There we go. This is what I'm saying.

This. There we go. This is what I'm saying.

but as long as we have people who dont agree with this, aka oreo and others, you'll still get killed by the kill whores who argue that since its bhoping, its not shift walking, therefore we can kill them...

Both sides have valid points, but inorder for this to be ultimately clarified, the rules need an adendum made, which states is bhop a legit movement if you are still shift walking/crouch walking( and yes, you can easily bhop while doing these). Till then, let the discussion rage on.

HEY GUYZ.

I thought about bashing those who think bhopping is the same as walking, but I thought I'd just add fuel to the fire.

If a warden says no detours and no DELAYS, regardless of the walking command, and you can bhop faster than you can run, then it'd be rebelling to walk because you'd be going slower than you would if you were bhopping. Therefore, you would be delaying.

<3 Jbfags.

Since jumping or bhopping isn't considered a movement.... if warden asks you to shift-walk, u cant run OR crouch... but you can still jump

No. I'd still kill you just to prove a point. NO GOD DAMN LOOPHOLES!

HEY GUYZ.

I thought about bashing those who think bhopping is the same as walking, but I thought I'd just add fuel to the fire.

If a warden says no detours and no DELAYS, regardless of the walking command, and you can bhop faster than you can run, then it'd be rebelling to walk because you'd be going slower than you would if you were bhopping. Therefore, you would be delaying.

<3 Jbfags.

I hate you! D:

HEY GUYZ.

<3 Jbfags.

<3 you

this is my sentiments exactly :D

If bhoping is faster, then its not delaying. However it can be considered detouring if you build up speed by taking extra long routes :D

Also, @ postage. I usually try to Just to annoy the piss out of the people who dont like bhoping, bhop in a circle around the stacked t's. Always works, generally gets people freeshot and freekilled because idiot ct's dont realize there is a large group of t's behind the bhoper :D.*

* Though this doesnt work when you have competent Ct's on who can actually shoot worth a damn >.>... *God damnit oreo Lol*

If you use one movement, you restrict the others.

Walking is one movement, jumping is another. So it's restricted.

Walking is one movement, jumping is another. So it's restricted.

You gonna shoot players for jumping to avoid a rail when the warden orders terrorists to shift walk?

No, because if he walked around it then it'd be delaying.

Shift walking when you could bhop faster is delaying.

You gonna shoot players for jumping to avoid a rail when the warden orders terrorists to shift walk?

No, because if he walked around it then it'd be delaying.

Shift walking when you could bhop faster is delaying.

I'm not going to because I'm not a dick, but I could.

OH MY FUCKING GOD! YOU GUYS CAN'T BE CIVIL ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT BHOPPING IS NOT SHIFTWALKING? GET THE FUCK OFF JB

/rage

Bhopping = jumping. Strictly speaking, jumping isn't considered movement as stated in the motd. Bhopping must be recognized as its own form of movement (separate from jumping) in order to be punishable. As I've seen so far, bhopping has now separated itself from jumping. I recommend this be added to the "wasd movement" part of the motd if this is the case.

This matter could become so difficult that the very forums may implode upon themselves.

OH MY FUCKING GOD! YOU GUYS CAN'T BE CIVIL ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT BHOPPING IS NOT SHIFTWALKING? GET THE FUCK OFF JB

/rage

lol.....

Got to admit, the debate should've been settled long ago, but still.

Basically bhoping is not allowed UNLESS the warden says you can, correct?

Otherwise, bhoping is not following orders and you may Killwhore for it. However, same thing as other orders, dont kill the bhoper if they are bhoping through a group of t's.... unless you hax and single shot them with a glock from halfway across da map.

/thread