Sign in to follow this  
Ivanns

B-hopping when shift walking?

EVERYONE SHOOOOOOSH

If yawl keep making a ruckus they will just completely do away with Bhopping.

But to clarify the point of the thread, you honestly can Bhop while starting off with a normal shift/ crouch walk.

Since jumping is allowed by the MOTD at any time other then when restricted, and also that Bhopping is by no means a delay, it should be fair to do jump and build up a Bhop. Of course, you don't build a bhop by going in a straight line, you need to go side to side. THAT is the only possible spot that you can call a delay...

FINAL JUDGMENT: Bhopping while shift/crouch walking is a delay. But if somehow, magically you can manage to build a nice jump while going straight and not detouring/delaying at all, you should be able to Bhop.

FINAL FINAL JUDGMENT: Delay :3

Jumping does not equal shiftwalking. Basically, when the T jumps while shiftwalking, they aren't shiftwalking and killable. You can't walk in midair. It's seriously just common sense.

Not really up for discussion... Taboo got it.

lol i always bhop when im supposed to shift walk usually i do it when jumping is not restricted (holding shift while bhoping its possible)

lol i always bhop when im supposed to shift walk usually i do it when jumping is not restricted (holding shift while bhoping its possible)

That would be fine if the order was "Shift to my spray", but the key word is WALK

EVERYONE SHOOOOOOSH

But to clarify the point of the thread, you honestly can Bhop while starting off with a normal shift/ crouch walk.

Of course, you don't build a bhop by going in a straight line, you need to go side to side. THAT is the only possible spot that you can call a delay...

FINAL JUDGMENT: Bhopping while shift/crouch walking is a delay. But if somehow, magically you can manage to build a nice jump while going straight and not detouring/delaying at all, you should be able to Bhop.

FINAL FINAL JUDGMENT: Delay :3

@ the bold. No, you can go in a straight line to build one up, i do it all the time, do i do huge side to side jumps? Nope, just small ones that build up over time <3. Major delaying is when you go from a straight

--------------- to ----\ /-------------

___________________ \ /

___________________\ /

___________________ \/

*this did not come out right when posting, it however looked better in the preview stages.

Where each - is a normal step, the \/ is a MAJOR delay as you are no where near the straight line.

However, its hard to constitute what detour/delaying is as its a case by case basis here. Are you delaying if bhop and get there faster? No. Are you detouring if it takes longer for you to get there than normal t's, yes. But if you detour and then get to the destination faster, is that a killable detour?

Yes, because you were told to shift walk, not bunny hop.

well, Ts can shift-walk across the pool towards the destination. are they walking on water like jesus?

the term "walking" can be better defined.

Like "Freezing" in this server... it just means no left/right movement, but you can jump up/down if its not restricted

in other servers, "freezing" means freeze with NO movement, no jumping

well, Ts can shift-walk across the pool towards the destination. are they walking on water like jesus?

the term "walking" can be better defined.

Like "Freezing" in this server... it just means no left/right movement, but you can jump up/down if its not restricted

in other servers, "freezing" means freeze with NO movement, no jumping

That's directly stated that you can Jump (on freeze) in MOTD

Doesn't say you can jump while shift walking though.

And who tells T's to shift walk in water... :/

He's referring to wardens who don't slaughter the terrorists who shift-swim across the pool when ordered to shift walk somewhere on the other side of it.

That's directly stated that you can Jump (on freeze) in MOTD

Doesn't say you can jump while shift walking though.

And who tells T's to shift walk in water... :/

thats what I'm saying. Put a rule in MOTD defining walking and etc

i mean when Ts shift walk towards an area(an order), and they go through a pool to get there. Are they rebelling when they are in the pool, because technically they are swimming in water, not walking in water

go define walking better in the MOTD in remove these "loopholes"... or be a kill whore on ct and kill us all :)

Issuing Move Commands

There are three move commands: Run, walk, crouch. Walking = shift. Crouch = crouch. If you use one movement, you restrict the others.

A terrorist cannot be killed for not following the move order unless stated to go directly there or with no detours or delays.

Once a terrorist arrives, he cannot be killed for leaving the location unless told to freeze there.

Since Jumping or Bhop isn't considered a move command, using it means he cant be killed unless he detours and delays from bhop or if jumping is restricted

bhoping is more like (shift)walking movement with a jumping modifier

I second paperwastage's post. You have ALWAYS been allowed to jump whenever you'd like unless restricted or playing simon says. I don't understand how its an issue. Why would the rule just be put into play now that bhopping is enabled? If you don't like people bunnyhopping, restrict jumping. It really isn't hard. bunny hopping is just moving your crosshair while pressing A and D and certain times. If you were to restrict bunny hopping all the time, you would be restricting using certain keys on your keyboard or restricting, explicitly, where someone's crosshair goes. Seems to me that restricting bunnyhopping through a rule in MOTD would mean you are breaking your own rules.

Do we really want to take steps in the direction of a normal strict JB server? These are the kinds of matters at hand that seperate our JB server with the masses, in my opinion.

"In order for a Jailbreak server to continue to be fun and thrive in population, an amount of rebeling should be tolerated in order to sustain these characteristics."

The fact is that Counter Terrorists themselves are as smart as a six year old when compared to Terrorists. I can see where those defending it are going but it's going to aid rebellers and will lead to "OMFG HE'S FLYING AT ME" freekills. Then again, common sense here, he's ordering you to shift walk, NOT BHOP, to the point so it is rebelling.

YOU CANNOT COMPARE THIS TO JUMPING WHILE FROZEN OR SHIFTWALKING IN WATER SO ENOUGH OF THOSE ARGUMENTS.

Now that bhopping became a bit easier since the update. I'm going to do it all the time whether its shift walk or run or crouch... I don't care if you kill me or not bhopping is fun. Although its NOTHING compared to before the big patch that changed everything

Now that bhopping became a bit easier since the update. I'm going to do it all the time whether its shift walk or run or crouch... I don't care if you kill me or not bhopping is fun. Although its NOTHING compared to before the big patch that changed everything

;(

orangebox.jpg

I agree with N2f, Bhopping is still a fun and effective way to get somewhere. Inturn, if bhopping on a shift command is seen as "rebelling" then I guess Im going to rebel everytime. I get the fact that if you are bhopping while in a shift "walk" its not "legal" but if anything it makes us stick out like a sore thumb. "Gotta do what you gotta do."

I'm still trying to figure out how anyone could equate bhopping with walking. . .

well, now that the update makes it much easier to bhop so it allows people to gang the warden without him realizing it lol.

I mean, i can understand why, but if you are just having fun and not being a douche with it, i dont see an issue with bhoping.

I'm still trying to figure out how anyone could equate bhopping with walking. . .

From MOTD

Issuing Move Commands

There are three move commands: Run, walk, crouch. Walking = shift. Crouch = crouch. If you use one movement, you restrict the others.

A terrorist cannot be killed for not following the move order unless stated to go directly there or with no detours or delays.

Once a terrorist arrives, he cannot be killed for leaving the location unless told to freeze there.

Since jumping or bhopping isn't considered a movement.... if warden asks you to shift-walk, u cant run OR crouch... but you can still jump

if you are doing shift + WASD(aka shift-walking), and u start jumping towards the destination while maintaining shift+WASD, you aren't breaking any rules, since jumping isn't restricted

and doing this above, is bhopping (well, if you can do it while pressing the SHIFT key)