Sign in to follow this  
Balthazar

Darkstar, Beacon of Pain

Based off making a series of a few beacons, like damien, and the race "dark archon" that used to be on wcs azeroth when it was up and operated by kano, with some original skills added by me, and different names/slightly different effects.

Darkstar, Beacon of Pain

Spawn with 1 Smoke grenade, no knife, nothing.

Required level 2000

6 skills/ 8 levels each

Lasting Beacon: You burn strong into the night. (Spawn with 500hp)

Beacon of Pain: Enemies near you writhe in agony. (+1 dmg per level in an aura of pain range, same tick rate too)

Iron Skin: Bullets are reflected off of your iron skin. (Reflect 75% of all damage, 100% of headshot damage, if that is not possible then just 75%, possible 100% expertise.)

Beacon of Haunting: Those who shoot you, no longer want to. (Gang leader's push skill, when shot, the shooter is tossed into the air.)

Beacon of nightmares: Those who shoot you are given unforgettable nightmares. (Chance to shake or banish enemies when shot)

[ultimate]Beacon of possession: No pain is greater than being forced to hurt a loved one...(Okay this is the game changing ultimate here, it was on wcs azeroth and made the race fun as hell without unbalancing the server too badly, just keep your mind open on this one: You convert up to 1 enemy per pt in the skill, to your team until the end of the round, this gives you 200xp per enemy converted.

Guest J_MaFia

I think it's a good difference to our knife and gun races I'd say yes but seems op as fuck, beacon of life race though is perfect

Rofl, that's a terrible race.

thanks for the constructive criticism and reasons/suggestions to make the race better, I don't see you suggesting any races.

Not to be rude but, suck my dick.

thanks for the constructive criticism and reasons/suggestions to make the race better, I don't see you suggesting any races.

Not to be rude but, suck my dick.

If there was something to nitpick at, I would have. The race is just terrible. Every aspect of the race is completely bad. It worries me that you actually believe it was a competent idea to begin with. >>

If there was something to nitpick at, I would have. The race is just terrible. Every aspect of the race is completely bad. It worries me that you actually believe it was a competent idea to begin with. >>

Gee you're right I should have known basing a race off an extremely popular race on the once most popular WCS server on CSS was a bad idea, how silly of me, mr. expert of all races.

This race would require you to literally do nothing and be the most annoying thing on the server at the same time. What's the point? You kill people because they are playing the game and shooting at you? At 75% reflection, that's 325 damage you do without touching anyone by being just shot alone. That's enough to kill at the very least, 2 people, if not 3 and then throw on your dps aura. 100% expertise? 500 damage? that's 4 people minimum who would die to you without you doing anything but simply staring at them and not moving. Seems ridiculous. And again, 100% reflect on hs - it just punishes people for being good and shooting the head. The damage aura might be okay, actually, but i would say the radius would need to be small. And the ultimate, I simply don't think is even a good fit for this server at all. Like j mafia said, your beacon of light race is great, but to me, this one is literally no skill - you just stand there - and be annoying and get kills.

Idk, just my thoughts on it. Seems like you just run into enemies and people kill themselves on you whilst getting gayed with banish and knockbacks.

I have nothing against debuff races, where you dish out disables if you get hit, but the problem with this race is that it causes too much damage for a guarantee. The fact that you also get so much HP means you can rush into a group, off half of them without doing anything and then the team can run back in without a problem.

I have nothing against debuff races, where you dish out disables if you get hit, but the problem with this race is that it causes too much damage for a guarantee. The fact that you also get so much HP means you can rush into a group, off half of them without doing anything and then the team can run back in without a problem.

Well the point of this race, on the other server, was to, especially on unbalanced teams which never happens here because a map has never gone 28-2 amirite? give the losing team a chance to grab some players, maybe even the top players from the other team for a round. The damage reflection ensures team work. Not one person should go all in shooting this guy. Have maybe a priest heal while a few members shoot at him, because people would learn I would imagine. Unless we are assuming every race on the server should be fucking safety scissors in a sense. The object of this race is to disrupt the other team, so that your team can shoot them. If you meat sheild for your team, you may grab kills, and you'll help your team get kills. And I suppose if you all believe that that's too much damage reflection for a race like this then we could peg the damage reflection down to 50%. Also keep in mind im pretty sure + damage doesn't get reflected, and neither does ward damage or chain lightning, correct me if im wrong, so even a team that is mediocrely organized could take him down with relative ease.

If the point of this is to disrupt the other team, that may be understandable, but again, way too much damage dealt out for literally doing nothing. I think as a meat shield, you should be taking hits effectively, not necessarily dealing it back out. Maybe instead of complete reflection, you get a little bit of damage reduction, maybe some evasion, and then toss in like 15-25% reflection. You don't die in 3 seconds if you meet their team, but then, neither do they if they see you and start firing.

Well the point of this race, on the other server, was to, especially on unbalanced teams which never happens here because a map has never gone 28-2 amirite? give the losing team a chance to grab some players, maybe even the top players from the other team for a round. The damage reflection ensures team work. Not one person should go all in shooting this guy. Have maybe a priest heal while a few members shoot at him, because people would learn I would imagine. Unless we are assuming every race on the server should be fucking safety scissors in a sense. The object of this race is to disrupt the other team, so that your team can shoot them. If you meat sheild for your team, you may grab kills, and you'll help your team get kills. And I suppose if you all believe that that's too much damage reflection for a race like this then we could peg the damage reflection down to 50%. Also keep in mind im pretty sure + damage doesn't get reflected, and neither does ward damage or chain lightning, correct me if im wrong, so even a team that is mediocrely organized could take him down with relative ease.

The thing is, what's stopping this race from being used on the winning team anyway? They'd be able to use it effectively just as much as the losing team would and I bet they'd probably use it better since they were already on a streak.

And the problem with the damage reflection is the headshots. I'd say 60% of people who shoot him will die just from that itself since they will also have low health, or the stock 100. This is why I say it'd probably be an unbalancer considering not only do you reflect back so much that it can basically kill someone, but you also disable them with so much knockback/banish that the enemy team can easily support afterwards.

I'd say the only real way to make it non-problematic would be to give it a skin so people can see what they're shooting so that they don't get juked with it in some ways.

The thing is, what's stopping this race from being used on the winning team anyway? They'd be able to use it effectively just as much as the losing team would and I bet they'd probably use it better since they were already on a streak.

And the problem with the damage reflection is the headshots. I'd say 60% of people who shoot him will die just from that itself since they will also have low health, or the stock 100. This is why I say it'd probably be an unbalancer considering not only do you reflect back so much that it can basically kill someone, but you also disable them with so much knockback/banish that the enemy team can easily support afterwards.

I'd say the only real way to make it non-problematic would be to give it a skin so people can see what they're shooting so that they don't get juked with it in some ways.

I'd be all for a skin like that. And When i suggest races, as most suggestions should be, it's not a hard copy im unwilling to change or anything, people are too plain with their one word responses of "yes, no, its too op" thank you guys for giving at least some semblance of what the problem is here.

What would you think if the race reflected 75% of body shots and 40% of headshot damage? And had a custom skin?

This kinda screams the old zombie from wcs2 at me

insane reflect damage + high health + damage aura kinda means its taking out on average around 2 or 3 enemies out with it

and i know this might be helped by that skin thing but its gonna cause QQ by that one shadow lurker that accidentally shoots this guy without looking at the skin too well

and this is all not taking into consideration the ult :/

And the thing about comparing this race to a race from another server is, in my opinion, invalid because of the amount of influence the race abilities have in the game.

judging from most of the other races youve suggested from this other server, it seems like race abilities take quite a bit more of a role in gameplay than it does in this server, which from my experience, more heavily relies on actually killing other players due to aiming and shooting, with slight ( or a bit more than slight, but nothing completely game changing ) advantages given by each race, with the occasional exception like shadow lurker ( which still does require you to aim and shoot ), jihad, ...