Sign in to follow this  
ctark

/want (gtx 590)

http://www.ophthaltec.com/trends/nvidia-geforce-gtx-590-can-heat-up-to-112-degrees-celsius.html

tl;dr get ATI, unless you want a toaster oven next to you to make toast and eat... which reminds me, i'm hungry

no ati sucks dicks , but if u watercool this gtx590 with a better heatexchanger (http://www.cclonline.com/product/20886/Res-1-Version-2/Watercooling/Zalman-Reserator-1-V2-Water-Cooling-System/UAC0022/) <-- somehitng like that then yes i want gtx590 ..

Even with a better cooler, the 590 gets killed by the HD 6990, hands down no contest. I am usually a diehard nvidia fan, but even still. It's easy to say when a product is a POS.

Nvidia really needs to test these things before they put them out. Heat problems happened with the 480, wonder why they didn't decide to check this one?

@Alson Ati isn't bad, they're usually cheaper and less power usage but Catalyst is basically bloatware. However I like Nvidia more for the performance and Optimus.

i wouldnt trust that POS site either.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/41903-nvidia-geforce-gtx-590-3gb-review-21.html

I havnt seen any reviews saying it gets up to that temp.

also, the card is quieter, uses less power and not as hot as the 6990. Sure the 6990 has SLIGHTLY better performance but i would still take the 590. I always get the higher quality card.

I believe that the 6990 would be a better choice (but not by much) since not only does it have slightly better performance, but unlike the 590, it is made better (AKA it won't get messed up and spark). Even if you go and have the money for watercooled crossfire/SLI cards, the 6990 would still be better since it is a better overclocker (even with the stock cooler).

Anyways, it's mainly just preference. If you can't stand noise get the GTX 590, but if you are like a lot of people that buy video cards that are $500+, then you'd want the best which is the 6990.

(Also I have a GTX 480, it is silent in my case and there are no thermal problems with it so make sure ur case is good)

Guest dynamiicked

Do want 1024 sps :) to bad these must be on water since the epedemic of vrm problems and sensitive with voltage.

It'd be cool if they could figure out a way to make these things more efficient instead of just putting more power into them and stacking 2 or 4 together. Adding more fans, electricity, cards, VRAM...real elegant way of increasing performance.