Sign in to follow this  
I <3 People of Color

I'm completely new to this

So I've found characters I like through random playing and it's quite a bit. Only thing I'm unsure of right now is whether I want to get Shen or Mordekaiser first.

I'm going to say, if you can play well, get by with low hp, get mordekaiser. If you like to play safe, get shen.

Mordekaiser is a good pusher, but don't expect to tank well with him. Mordekaisers ultimate can control an enemy champion if that person dies while ultimate is active. (you controll the enemy if it does die with alt+click)

Shen, on the other hand, can tank very well and can buy quite a bit of time for your allies with it's taunt skill. Not to mention that the ultimate provides a temporary shield and you teleport to that person to help them out.

Morde is the only champ I ever got a pentakill with, if that influences your choice at all, lol.

I heard it is easy to get pentakill with these champions....

Twisted Fate

Nunu

Twitch

Jax

Evelynn

Also, how mad would you be if your team killed a kog maw and it exploded and got a triple kill?

Also, how mad would you be if your team killed a kog maw and it exploded and got a triple kill?

I would be laughing way too hard to be mad lol.

I'm going to say, if you can play well, get by with low hp, get mordekaiser. If you like to play safe, get shen.

Mordekaiser is a good pusher, but don't expect to tank well with him. Mordekaisers ultimate can control an enemy champion if that person dies while ultimate is active. (you controll the enemy if it does die with alt+click)

Shen, on the other hand, can tank very well and can buy quite a bit of time for your allies with it's taunt skill. Not to mention that the ultimate provides a temporary shield and you teleport to that person to help them out.

Yea I've heard about those things. I hear Mordekaiser would be the better person to play, but for whatever reason I'm drawn to play Shen. I had been the same way with Twisted Fate, as a new player being squishy didn't sound good for me, but after getting him anyways I love playing him and don't regret the buy at all.

lol, just got spoiled with the new rotation.

I love kogmaw and caitlyn as champions. Will get once I save enough forsaken IP (a cringe worthy 12600 IP total)

if you're looking for a new tank champion to play as, get blitzcrank. You'll rule if you have sion tag with you :D

Aha I'm so glad I got to try out Shen and Mordekaiser. Shen is actually a pain for me to play as I dislike it a lot, and Mordekaiser was alright but I'll be giving him another try. What I didn't expect was how much I would like Kog'maw and so I'll be trying Galio later. Anyone have opinion on Anivia, and Twitch?

Aha I'm so glad I got to try out Shen and Mordekaiser. Shen is actually a pain for me to play as I dislike it a lot' date=' and Mordekaiser was alright but I'll be giving him another try. What I didn't expect was how much I would like Kog'maw and so I'll be trying Galio later. Anyone have opinion on Anivia, and Twitch?[/quote']

Twitch is underpowered and basically useless.

Anivia is retarded strong and they basically reverted their "nerf" they gave her a few weeks ago. Run her with Flash and you basically have a get out of jail free card. Think you're gonna die? Flash to your turret, turn into an egg. She has SO MUCH survivability AND damage output.

Galio used to be fun for me, but they also messed with his ratios, from what I've heard he's pretty UP, but I haven't played him myself, so I don't know.

lol, anivia is soooo broken, it is the only champion that has an automatic rebirth version of guardian angel. Albeit the rebirth is worse than guardian angel in where you can die before you revive which takes 6 seconds.

Anivia is broken, especially in the sense that if you lure enemies into the jungle, your wall will divide and conquer them since it's so wide they, can't get around it unless they have a teleport skill or flash, Riftwalk for example, can get around it.

Twitch is underpowered, but becomes a major irritant when it's atk speed is high. It becomes a better version of teemo in mid-late game.

Twitch is underpowered, but becomes a major irritant when it's atk speed is high. It becomes a better version of teemo in mid-late game.

Only part I disagree with is that. I'll take mushroom madness over Twitch any day.

Only part I disagree with is that. I'll take mushroom madness over Twitch any day.

I would to, but teemo just fails so badly somehow. Only use I have for teemo is the mushrooms since I can use teleport and backdoor ftw.

A littel change in topic, but would anyone know what I get about half the xp and ip that my friends get, even when I do better in every area. It's not that they have a boost or anything it's just that I don't get as much. Any solution or reason this is happening?

A littel change in topic' date=' but would anyone know what I get about half the xp and ip that my friends get, even when I do better in every area. It's not that they have a boost or anything it's just that I don't get as much. Any solution or reason this is happening?[/quote']

Need a little more info. Are you guys equal levels? Are you playing the same game and he gets more than you? Or are you comparing two different games?

He may have a boost and not know it, or it may be the first win of the day for him.

Need a little more info. Are you guys equal levels? Are you playing the same game and he gets more than you? Or are you comparing two different games?

He may have a boost and not know it, or it may be the first win of the day for him.

I am level 12 while he's 9 or 10 and it is the same game without first win of the game or a boost. On another note my friends who are in the 20's also get more than me in the same games when I do just as good if not better.

I am level 12 while he's 9 or 10 and it is the same game without first win of the game or a boost. On another note my friends who are in the 20's also get more than me in the same games when I do just as good if not better.

I've read that at low levels you get more IP, so perhaps it's 10 and below that gets more IP. However, I don't know why people in their 20s are getting more than you. =/ Sorry. Try the official forums maybe?

I've read that at low levels you get more IP, so perhaps it's 10 and below that gets more IP. However, I don't know why people in their 20s are getting more than you. =/ Sorry. Try the official forums maybe?

I will. I don't really think it would seem normal to get 35 IP for winning when I did well.

I hear that some players get random IP boosts for no reason and it doesn't matter who wins or not. If you really want to see if it's just you or the player having IP boost, play a co-op vs. AI game on beginner.

I have found that I get around an average of 20 IP per game, excluding 1st win of the days.

Try that to see if it is just IP boosts.

I think while you're under lvl 10 you get free IP boost; I make self referrals and end up with 1300IP by 4 games. I imagine the higher level guys get more due to a boost or to balance out having more XP to earn and more rune slots to fill.

Aha I hate to keep asking about champions' date=' but I'm stuck between Renekton, Anivia, and Kog'Maw. I've played Kog'Maw and I'm decent and enjoy playing him, but Anivia also looks like a type of champion I'd like, as well as Renekton.[/quote']

Better to ask and have some input than to regret the time you spent getting the IP, and I don't think anyone minds helping you out, I know I don't.

Kog'Maw is fun and destroys tanks/tanky DPS very well, but IMO, has zero early game and needs to get to a Madreds Blood razor ASAP, unless you build AP. He's very squishy (you probably know having played him) and I don't see him played very often at all. Mind you, the current trend with the game is early game victories, so you may not want to invest in Kog'Maw right now.

Anivia has INCREDIBLE lane presence, INCREDIBLE survivability and INCREDIBLE DPS. She's VERY strong early game when she's tough to take down due to her egg, and she generally remains a strong champion through the entire game. She is NOT hard to learn to play like people like to pretend. As I said, the current trend with the game is that games are ending early so she may be a good choice.

Renekton is someone I haven't had much experience with, but from what I've seen he seems to be a moderate strength character. He has decent survivability, (higher than Kog'Maw by a shit ton and I'd say slightly higher than Anivia) and slightly above average strength, I would say. The rage resource is interesting, and fun to play with. I'd say he's a pretty solid all-around champion.

If I was to list the order in which I'd get those champions it would be:

Anivia

Kog'Maw

Renekton

But that's just because I suck with close ranged champs. If you don't have a problem with any of the play styles of champs I'd list 'em as:

Anivia

Renekton

Kog'Maw.

Hope this helped.

Renekton is awesome. He is almost like a mix version of Shen and Mordekaiser. He uses no hp for his skillls, which is a bonus. The main damaging skill on Renekton is the cull of the meek followed by ruthless predator. If you can build it to have a high damage output, it would be very hard to stop him, especially if he has a high vampric rate items. Ultimate gives a damaging cloud, surrounding him for a few seconds which stops people from diving onto you if they have low hp and same with you.

In all honesty, you probably would do good with Renekton.