Sign in to follow this  
Zagrao

Clarification on warding

Generally the ward thing is not at objectives (server two at least) but I believe Oracion wants zero warding in the house.

Guest checkster
It's not the map that's an issue, it's the general issue with wards. I'm not removing a map cause of one thing that's apparently a 'problem'.

I'm still in stance to keep it as it is. Wards are not okay, but ultimates are allowed. Like Yiyas said, one ult-immunity person basically disables not only that ult, but also any others in the area.

Do not the ward's die out after like 15 sekonds anyways ? And is limited to like 3 a round ? Or is my memory wrong ?

The wards generally do have a short duration yes, and if Shadow Hunter is the same(as server two's) then he at least has three. And the ability I believe has a CD so it's not, ward, ward ,ward and the whole house is covered. I believe there are two main issues.

The first being, once they're placed and unless you move, you're hit. With starfall, an ultimate immunity negates it.

And on a map like Crackhouse, getting out of a ward is going to be annoying - the rooms usually have a few people in 'em a piece, with single tiny door as an exit, with everyone trying to get out at once, it's not going to be very feasible. From my understanding, the downstairs seems slightly more open(I wouldn't know, no matter what team I'm on I usually don't end up there and alive for long), but most of the time Ts will stay upstairs.

--Edit--

It's 5:13 AM here, so excuse any errors lol.

Guest checkster

Its the trickseter thats the good race as t, just spam barres down the stairs hosties will get stuck and t's win.

I honestly dont see the issue here, couse on every map there will always be a race with a superior advantage.

+ I love that race on that map, or any race that blows up.

And since the wards die out so fast there realy is no issue.

Sad to say, I think with ultimate immunity, it only negates the damage dealt to you. I've been on priest several times (with ultimate immunity active), walked into starfall, take damage and starfall isn't negated.

I wouldn't say for sure that starfall can be negated simply by a warden walking into the radius and boom it ends.

Well since people are going to use them regardless, is there any chance of reducing the radius of the wards on crackhouse? To where it'll just ward a small portion of the house (1 room) or anything reasonable.

Well since people are going to use them regardless, is there any chance of reducing the radius of the wards on crackhouse? To where it'll just ward a small portion of the house (1 room) or anything reasonable.

actually the only thing to nerf on the wards is the vertical radius. If we can have it where it only affects a certain height, it would be fine.

Guest checkster
Sad to say, I think with ultimate immunity, it only negates the damage dealt to you. I've been on priest several times (with ultimate immunity active), walked into starfall, take damage and starfall isn't negated.

I wouldn't say for sure that starfall can be negated simply by a warden walking into the radius and boom it ends.

This happens when someone on your team gets hit first, witch removes you'r immunity.

Unless there is a new thing or bugged race Im not aware of.

This happens when someone on your team gets hit first, witch removes you'r immunity.

Unless there is a new thing or bugged race Im not aware of.

I believe how it works is:

If you are in the area when trying to be used, it'll be stopped.

If it's activated and you walk into it, you can take damage.

That yes, but isn't the horizontal radius a bit large as well? Covers the entire floor and then some.

Shorter range than Orc.

I dunno if it's bugged or not; how I've coded it is that it checks for ultimate immune in the exact same way it does when you try to activate an ultimate to check for disruption, then it actually checks again on each player just in case. Priest's Ult Immunity isn't 100% so I'm not sure if you're considering that.

Don't really care where people their wards tbh. It's not like they can place 30dps for 10s wards like they used. Personally I see Tyrande equal to orc.

Guest checkster
I believe how it works is:

If you are in the area when trying to be used, it'll be stopped.

If it's activated and you walk into it, you can take damage.

Mhm thats correct, I just did not know how to word it.

My opinion stays.

"warding" was directed to "serpent wards" for that hunter race.

Starfall is an ultimate, no where does it say that it is a ward.

Plus you can't move, nor does it slow the opponent.

If you're going to consider starfall as a ward that does damage overtime, then might as well consider chain lightning to be a ward also even more so because it does instant damage,

Sign in to follow this