Sign in to follow this  
Kelso

Downstem Resin

I've never smoked resin before, and as I near the end of my holiday half oz. I'm afraid I simply won't have enough to start my day off right tomorrow.

So, any tips for extracting/preparing/smoking downstem resin? And don't bother telling me how dirty it is or some other retarded shit I'm not going to respond to.

Thanks in advance =)

I've never smoked resin before, and as I near the end of my holiday half oz. I'm afraid I simply won't have enough to start my day off right tomorrow.

So, any tips for extracting/preparing/smoking downstem resin? And don't bother telling me how dirty it is or some other retarded shit I'm not going to respond to.

Thanks in advance =)

Downstem as in, the stuff that's been in the bong water...?

Scrape it off, roll it up, smoke it. Simple as that.

Getting it out may require a little creativity.

If you really can't get to it with a tool, soak the stem in isopropyl alcohol for a while, sloshing it around (NOT WITH SALT as is commonly used to just clean out glassware).

Pour out the alcohol into something like a glass plate or bowl, and let it evaporate. Alcohol evaporates rather quickly, but still, don't use too much.

The thc will be dissolved in the alcohol, alcohol evaporates, leaving a layer of thc on the plate that can easily be scraped up and smoked.

Sounds like a ghetto ass version of BHO...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_oil

It is sort of it, but you're simply taking the leftover thc from the resin rather than directly from the weed, so it's not quite as high quality. Still, it works.

Isopropyl isn't the only thing you can use, but it's the cheapest and easiest to acquire, and it works.

Downstem as in, the stuff that's been in the bong water...?

that don't phase me. i've had bongwater in my esophagus and im ready for that shit O:<

Thanks for the tips GT. since my downstem is absurdly wide I can just scrape off every last bit I guess.