Sign in to follow this  
MagicRatt

Nodame Cantabile

Ahhhh. I realize that I posted a thread about a slice of life/comedy/romance type anime just a few days ago, but... I have been stuck in the house for two days because of the snow/ice in Georgia. So I have had some time to knock out a bit more anime. Specifically 18 episodes of Nodame Cantabile. (It is already shaping up to be on my top 5 list)

I will give a brief description/rant on why I love this anime so much already and why you should give it a chance.

First off this anime revolves around classical music. Classical music by Bach, Brahms, Mozart, Beethoven, Rachmanioff, and others that I had not heard of previously. Now I am sure that some of us, myself included, don't think of classical music as a first choice as far as musical tastes go... However, do NOT let that stop you from giving this anime a chance. After a few episodes I found myself actually enjoying the music. The anime itself is so well done that even if you aren't a fan of classical music you sort of appreciate it anyways. Weird right? Appreciating music? Holy shit.

Secondly, this anime takes place at a japanese college! Wait... wait, what is that? A college? Not a high school. Not a middle school. A fucking college. Immediately that should let you know that this anime isn't messing around. Sure there is a bit of humor, but the characters are more dynamic and well rounded. Even the situations that arise and how they are concluded reflect the maturity level of college students (The ones who aren't lazy anyways). I didn't realize just how tired I was of the typical high school anime until I started watching this.

I could write more, but this is already looking like a long thread... I plan on finishing this anime tomorrow and possibly the eleven episode season that follows the main bit. If you are not watching anything right now or if you are looking for one to start this is definitely one you should watch. I found it on a whim and I really wish I downloaded it first because it's that good. Instead I am just going to stream the rest since I am already so far in and want to finish.